My Mom

1958 F.W.D.

Sorry for your loss, great story with great pics though.  Watched my grandpa slowly lose it and die of Alzheimer’s. It sucked bad, especially when he would have a real lucid moment and tell me he knew he was losing his memory. 

Edited by HeavyGunner

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Sorry to hear about your mom, sounds like a last I would’ve loved to have met in my travels. It does suck watching them suffer, it took my grandpa 3 years of cheating death before it finally caught up with him. Granted my other grandpa and an old family friend both died suddenly of heart attacks and it was such a shock that I’m not sure which was better. It’s just really unfortunate all around.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. May she Rest In Peace.

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

Very sad to hear. To difficult to choose words for such a case. Unfortunately we all are guests in this world and at a sertain moment the time comes to everyone. Good to a person if he or she was honest going over the life and there are people who are thankful for the things the person has done for them.

Rest In Peace.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 1/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, hicrop10 said:

Randy,I met both of your parents by accident,and I mean by an accident.It was my fault,your mom was very quiet and your dad was a true gentleman.I watched my dad go down that same road.My prayers are with you and your family.

I am intrigued, tell me more!!!???

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Randy,it was a rainy night I was coming down Huntington pike and rear ended your mom.Your mom called your dad and we exchange info and went about our merry way.Your dad and my dad talked down at Chuck’s and settle the whole thing.I think your mom was driving a ford station wagon.If my memory serves me right I ended up paying something like $100.00 to have your moms car fixed.On another subject wouldn’t you like to have your dads old Mack he would park at Chucks.

18 hours ago, hicrop10 said:

On another subject wouldn’t you like to have your dads old Mack he would park at Chucks.

Which one? The green/white single screw Hayward F-Model or the white Allentown tandem F-Model? 

I logged a lot of miles riding shotgun in both trucks, but wow what I would give to have that single screw Hayward....(300/5-speed.) He put 700,000 miles on that thing when it finally started falling apart from the rot. By then he had started working for Harry Muschlegel (Jevic) and needed a tandem. The single screw was great for pulling new trailers but it was no bueno for freight work. 

On another note, both Lee and Don Hale (Chuck's two oldest sons) were at the church on Saturday, I hadn't seen them in years. Was good to see them, suck circumstances though. 

What is your name? 

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS