Not what I was thinking when I read "eye candy", not bad just different.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Werner would have alot more drivers (at least "real" drivers) running Macks

The current Werner with the blue trucks was founded in 1956 and the first truck was a new Ford. I believe the Werner in the above picture was the company that eventually became Werner Continental. It's interesting that both have an arrow in their logos but I can't find any info suggesting the to companies were connected in any way.

http://www.werner.com/content/about/crossroads_werner_timeline.cfm

werner_continental_1.jpg

Jim

Green Dash I used to see Werner trucks all the time in the 1950's commimg down through Wisconsin from St Paul Minnesota. They were the same paint scheme as the ford L-9000 and they were mostly macks (B's) with a mix of IH gasers and GMC cannonballs and crackerboxes as I remember. I am sure they were around before 1956. You may have been talking about an earlier ford but that L-9000 didn't come about until the 70's as I recall.

Green Dash I used to see Werner trucks all the time in the 1950's commimg down through Wisconsin from St Paul Minnesota. They were the same paint scheme as the ford L-9000 and they were mostly macks (B's) with a mix of IH gasers and GMC cannonballs and crackerboxes as I remember. I am sure they were around before 1956. You may have been talking about an earlier ford but that L-9000 didn't come about until the 70's as I recall.

The Ford I was referring to belonged to C.L. Werner, founder of the Werner Enterprises, the huge company with the blue trucks. He founded his company in 1956 in Omaha and I don't think there was any connection between him and the earlier Werner that you're referring to. I just found the use of an arrow in both company's logos to be interesting.

Jim