Who designed/styled the Superliner?

4 hours ago, Whiskymack said:

Is this it?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Mexican+mack&safe=active&bih=855&biw=1280&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwillfjO8JPPAhXMKsAKHX1BCeIQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=CEHOE08f7S1lYM%3A

It's my understanding that these were basically R Models with a Superliner hood that were assembled in Mexico, possibly by Transomex?

You can see it's got R model style tanks with the integral step as well. A bit like the Australian Superliner.

seems unlikely to me, the picture appears to have what is now the Mack museum in Allentown in the background. It doesn't seem likely that a brand new truck made in Mexico would find its way to Allentown. 

4 hours ago, Doug Maney said:

That could very well be.  The visor looks like something from another world...

I've seen that exact visor on some Mexi-Macks and  Aussie Macks.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:27 AM, Doug Maney said:

This is a photo from my collection.  It shows the set-back MH chassis with RH drive at the ED&TC.

Ultraliner84.jpg

I remember a story about this MH or another RHD MH from a Mack ED&TC engineer.  When they drove the truck on the highways around Allentown, people would do a double take when seeing the passenger on the left side sitting with their feet up on the dash.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 3 years later...
On 9/18/2016 at 9:23 PM, farmer52 said:

I remember a story about this MH or another RHD MH from a Mack ED&TC engineer.  When they drove the truck on the highways around Allentown, people would do a double take when seeing the passenger on the left side sitting with their feet up on the dash.

Ford Australia would send cars over to the us for evaluation I seen a 99 ford falcon ute right hand drive running around Detroit got talking to the guy driving it he told me about them sending the cars over he was an aussie also, pronounced ozzy as in ozzy Osbourne the amount of people that seen it sitting in the car park they were amazed by the cars existence in the USA in right hand drive and the shape no different to an Chevy

Edited by Dave1047

And SOMEBODY styled it.  It would be interesting to know if that person's still around.  Would love to see the design process it went through.  Surely there are renderings or photographs of prototypes somewhere.  Seems we'll never know. 

• Like 1

The actual name(S) of the designer(s) of the Brockway Superliner are probably gone by now, BUT go over to the brockwaytrucks.com website and maybe someone can answer your question.

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

1 hour ago, CaptainCrutch said:

Saw this old dog in a local guy’s scrap heap a few months ago, has Vehicle Development Lab written on the side. Single axel. Maybe add to the story...

From the shape of the front bumper I would say that's RW2 with just early hood attached. Front bumper bolt holes mate to the chassis brackets. So a trouble to fit different bumper without sufficient modifications. RW1 and RW2 hoods insteed are smoothly interchangeable.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012