B71 a little dusty

Thanks, Power is CUMMINS NHB 335 ( so the tag on accessary drive says), might have to throw some serial numbers out there at you guys. It has a 9 speed over gear main box and an unmarried 3 speed behind it.   Not counting the low side,  I would call it a 5 and a 3.    I'm use to SPICER boxes( I know, wash my mouth out with soap, right).  And 7.32 rears.

n h b right   after.jpg

n h b left after.jpg

100_0124.JPG

• Like 2

Good looking truck. I like the old 5 hole wheels!  I know Mack is suppose to have wobble wheels, but I like the 5 holes better.  Nice work.  Like the colors also.

I like those shift tags.  I'd like to make something up for my truck with the 3rd stick.  Might have to just have it printed(vinyl).  Right now I just drew a picture on the dash for my back box just for those "oh shit, where is it suppose to go" moments.  Not that I shift it much, but that is why I had to make a diagram.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I like those shift tags.  I'd like to make something up for my truck with the 3rd stick.  Might have to just have it printed(vinyl).

There is an outfit in Oregon(??) that reproduces tags like that. Pretty pricey, but I'm sure like a lot of these items the price goes down as the quantity goes up. If you are interested I think I can find the name.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Oh, being a rare engine sounds interesting.  I'll get some other close photos and numbers one of these days. I am the 2nd owner of this truck. I remember it hauling logs. It was a local truck to me.  The original owner has passed away. I am not sure if he ever repowered it?   When did the nhb 335 come out?