B71 a little dusty

12 hours ago, B MACK said:

Oh, being a rare engine sounds interesting.  I'll get some other close photos and numbers one of these days. I am the 2nd owner of this truck. I remember it hauling logs. It was a local truck to me.  The original owner has passed away. I am not sure if he ever repowered it?   When did the nhb 335 come out? 

If my memory is correct didn't you say you have the build sheet from the Mack museum?  Would that tell you what engine it was built with?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Not sure if should go to engine forum or stay here?? Rechecked some numbers on engine tag and build sheet yesterday... According to everything, my B71 was built with a Cummins NHB 335.  I am surprised, I thought "55" would've been a little early for a 335. When I started driving there were still a few strong running NT 335's out there.

100_1134.JPG

100_1143.JPG

100_1153.JPG

30 minutes ago, B MACK said:

Not sure if should go to engine forum or stay here?? Rechecked some numbers on engine tag and build sheet yesterday... According to everything, my B71 was built with a Cummins NHB 335.  I am surprised, I thought "55" would've been a little early for a 335. When I started driving there were still a few strong running NT 335's out there.

100_1134.JPG

100_1143.JPG

100_1153.JPG

Wow, looks like you have a real piece of history there!  Lots of power for the era. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

That is a nice truck like the colors and steel 5 holes. :thumb:

I know what the engine tag stamp says.... but that is more than likely not the original engine. it does have the newer style manifolds and has no piston coolers, or bosses for them, not normal, for a big HP 335. Most over 300HP Cummins had coolers and under did not. Love the 3 stick, 27 speed forward, 6 reverse,  got that in my LTL, guys just look and shake their heads. Just Cool.