Former / Dormant BMT Members

67RModel

15 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Paul had found him a new bride 

Shifted and was in the process of building her a hotted 55 Chev wagon I think it was 

He appeared to of had a major falling out with his kids as he wanted to leave them nothing, only receipts as he stated 

And then he up and vanished

He was always good to me

It was his wifes and his dream to build that veterans home before she passed as I recall it

I seem to recall Paul saying he came home from Vietnam to a country he didn't like and he and his new wife shifted to Israel for a new start in a new country was how I remember Paul describing it to me

I think he moved back to the State's when they retired ???? Nothing more than feeling to base that on

And yes when all the chest beating and pissing competition was going on here was when I last saw anything from Paul

Pretty sure he was on the ACMOC Caterpillar group as well for a while

Dunno we lost a lot of members due to ego's and people not wanting to listen and people wantingnto be right  at all costs, sad but thats the way it was 

A lesson for all of us 

As to "if I dont like something I just scroll on" type of attitude, I dont think that works either as thats what started this whole mess 

To many good people stood by and watched stuff happen, mind you the slanging match could be entertaining to read 

"Just leave it tto our moderators to sort out"  didn't work as they turned on one of our moderators and the other moderators appeared to  do nothing about that either 

Basically we all know what good manners and been respectful are and we should just do that and we as a group should pull others into line that dont use manners 

Anyway I hope Paul 41chev is happy doing what ever he is doing 

Paul

The best way to avoid all of this is to keep the discussion on the 'Dogs and, like you said, be respectful.  I don't come here to hear the political crap.  I come to The Dog Pound for the Macks and the camaraderie.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

7 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Paul had found him a new bride 

Shifted and was in the process of building her a hotted 55 Chev wagon I think it was 

He appeared to of had a major falling out with his kids as he wanted to leave them nothing, only receipts as he stated 

And then he up and vanished

He was always good to me

It was his wifes and his dream to build that veterans home before she passed as I recall it

I seem to recall Paul saying he came home from Vietnam to a country he didn't like and he and his new wife shifted to Israel for a new start in a new country was how I remember Paul describing it to me

I think he moved back to the State's when they retired ???? Nothing more than feeling to base that on

And yes when all the chest beating and pissing competition was going on here was when I last saw anything from Paul

Pretty sure he was on the ACMOC Caterpillar group as well for a while

Dunno we lost a lot of members due to ego's and people not wanting to listen and people wantingnto be right  at all costs, sad but thats the way it was 

A lesson for all of us 

As to "if I dont like something I just scroll on" type of attitude, I dont think that works either as thats what started this whole mess 

To many good people stood by and watched stuff happen, mind you the slanging match could be entertaining to read 

"Just leave it tto our moderators to sort out"  didn't work as they turned on one of our moderators and the  other moderators appeared to  do nothing about that either 

Basically we all know what good manners and been respectful are and we should just do that and we as a group should pull others into line that dont use manners 

Anyway I hope Paul 41chev is happy doing what ever he is doing 

Paul

Well for  sure 41Chev was a guy who confirmed  I didn't know squat because he seemed to have so  much varied  knowledge.  We had a  connection in the sense he was a marine contractor and I was a "customer" for such guys.  Plus we operated in same turf-New England and NYS-in particular Long Island.  I remember when his wife passed away that really bummed him out as you would imagine--I  can relate to that.  But then he met up with this Israeli gal and I think they got married.. I kind of assume he ended up in Israel???

As for his veteran's home project I  thought he was trying to do that in Maine..I  think Gorham to be exact.  I always invited him to let me know when he was going or coming from Maine as I was a couple of miles off 495 and would be a good brewski, coffee or piss call, but  he never followed jup.

But for sure a knowledgeable  guy with a high energy level.  Always added to the conversation..as did Jim Hancock and KSC to  name a couple of others.  Jim came down for our show in August and 2stacksuper dog as well as Paul?-guy with beautiful black Superliner dump was there..and also Jeff Manty.  Should have got them together for a group photo

Bob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Licensed to kill said:

Shortly after joining, while I was still in the investigation stage of my project I asked a few questions to help me decide which way ti go with my project. I received one reply that I read as saying that I was wasting everyones time with my questions...😊

That reminds me of the time I joined a Stihl chain saw group on Facebook. I had always had Homelite chainsaws before, had a couple of XL-12s, a 923, and a 925, but I lost them all when my shed burned up a few years ago on Thanksgiving day when I was smoking a turkey.  Anyhow, when I needed a chain saw I bought a Stihl, I don't think they even make Homelites anymore. So I joined this Stihl group and it didn't take long to see that their standard answer to all questions was "it's because you're stupid and don't know what you're doing". I never asked any questions, but I did reply to a comment one time, agreeing that the filler caps for the gas tank and chain bar oil were a major PITA to get closed sometimes. I was immediately told it was because I was stupid and didn't know what I was doing.🤣

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1 hour ago, other dog said:

I did reply to a comment one time, agreeing that the filler caps for the gas tank and chain bar oil were a major PITA to get closed sometimes. I was immediately told it was because I was stupid and didn't know what I was doing.🤣

I guess I am stupid and don’t know what I’m doing because I struggle with the cap for the chain oil with my Stihl chain saw. The gas one isn’t quite as bad but the bar oil I seem to fight with a LOT. Did you ever get smarter with yours ?  (Not to high jack the thread but……)

1 hour ago, other dog said:

That reminds me of the time I joined a Stihl chain saw group on Facebook. I had always had Homelite chainsaws before, had a couple of XL-12s, a 923, and a 925, but I lost them all when my shed burned up a few years ago on Thanksgiving day when I was smoking a turkey.  Anyhow, when I needed a chain saw I bought a Stihl, I don't think they even make Homelites anymore. So I joined this Stihl group and it didn't take long to see that their standard answer to all questions was "it's because you're stupid and don't know what you're doing". I never asked any questions, but I did reply to a comment one time, agreeing that the filler caps for the gas tank and chain bar oil were a major PITA to get closed sometimes. I was immediately told it was because I was stupid and didn't know what I was doing.🤣

I joined a chainsaw group too.  I used to clear right of way for a living.  I have run a few.  Clearing is NOT the same as logging.  Different goals in mind.  Nobody there thought my views were valid.  Everything I said was wrong.  So, I said screw it and never went back.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

43 minutes ago, Licensed to kill said:

I guess I am stupid and don’t know what I’m doing because I struggle with the cap for the chain oil with my Stihl chain saw. The gas one isn’t quite as bad but the bar oil I seem to fight with a LOT. Did you ever get smarter with yours ?  (Not to high jack the thread but……)

No, it's still a pain in the ass sometimes, other times it just goes on and locks with no issues! One thing I have learned though, that if you over fill it it's a lot harder to get on. And I have a tendency to fill the lawn mower, leaf blower, saw, any small engines until they run over. When I bought that saw the guy at the store always fills everything up with gas, and tells you not to use ethanol gas in it, and even he had a hard time getting the gas cap back on.

1 hour ago, davehummell said:

Other Dog I thank you for taking the time to post the pictures always got a kick out of them. I hope we cross paths again down to Macungie this coming year.

We're hoping to be there, we always look forward to Macungie!

3 hours ago, other dog said:

I had always had Homelite chainsaws

Me Too..

3 hours ago, other dog said:

I don't think they even make Homelites anymore

Homelite turned to Crap when John Deere sold them to the Company that Owns Ryobi power tools. They now just use Homelite has their Budget Chineseium Built Crap outlet...!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelite_Corporation

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Other dog  I feel bad I spotted you at the watts mack mack show but had to keep an eye on my little one lol and I lost you in the crowd I spotted you as I was leaving in the mack wish I would have got to say hello but I enjoy all the pics of the week you post it like I was there and got to see all the cool trucks and congratulations on getting married

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

1 hour ago, Mean Green said:

Other dog  I feel bad I spotted you at the watts mack mack show but had to keep an eye on my little one lol and I lost you in the crowd I spotted you as I was leaving in the mack wish I would have got to say hello but I enjoy all the pics of the week you post it like I was there and got to see all the cool trucks and congratulations on getting married

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Licensed to kill said:

LTK, Not to worry..the wife and kids bought me an 036 like 31 years ago..I have invoice $525 back then.  Oil cap, old school threads..work great..but as my old oil soaked winter coveralls  will verify , you just have to put it on!

Its in the shop now...I'd have to take out a mortgage to pay for its replacement model today.  In the meantime borrowed my son's MS 211..doing small stuff with it..love that inertia start system or whatever you call it.

12 hours ago, 1965 said:

Them stihl saws leaks gas out them ragged tops. Better keep them turnt on the side when not running them, nonethanol gas is to expensive to waste. 

I agree my 066 leaks if its not left on its side! Used to use husky 2100 for my logging projects but when that saw wore out I switched to stihl  Its a beast just eats the wood! As an addition to the comments Iv'e always avoided posting to personal attacks  on members ! Even to defend a person your better to withhold comment! just tends to stir up shit!

16 hours ago, hicrop10 said:

Just my 2 cents worth.This is why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream,can’t please everyone all the time.Other dog if you stop posting pictures of the week you won’t really piss me off,but i will miss them dearly.

I'll still post them, but they'll be fewer and far-er in between. I just don't get around like I used to. For example-

I was just looking at memories on facebook- 3 years ago today, or this week anyway, I took a load of pipes to Midland, Pa. I parked at the firehouse the night before, like they told me. The next morning the guy took me to where I needed to be in a pickup truck, to show me how to get there. It wasn't even a half mile away, just go down this street, turn right on another street, then turn right on another street. The streets were all narrow, and each time I turned the street was always narrower than the street I turned off of. We went to the end of the last street, made another right, then left on the first street and back to the firehouse. When we got there I said "I can't do that". He said "how come?" I said "because I can't get under that 11' bridge right there". And he said "oh". Then he said there was another way to get over there, but it involved a long detour. So I said "I have an idea". And I got my tools and took the stacks off the truck so I could get under the bridge. I got unloaded and strapped the stacks down on the trailer, they could put them back on when I got to the shop. And I don't remember, but I probably posted pictures here of all this adventure.

Now, today is something like this- get up, have a cup of coffee or two. Go dump the cat's litter boxes. We have two litter boxes, they both have cabs on them. There's all woods behind me, so I take them into the woods and take the cabs off. They don't tilt, you have to take them all the way off. Then you lift out the screen type liner and let the litter fall back into the box, and just dump the clumps. We use clumping litter, it's the cat's ass. I dump them in a brush pile, so dogs aren't tempted to try to sniff out a clue. Then I put the screen part into the empty box part, dump the litter back in, put the other box part under the filled one, put the cab back on, bring them back in. Totally uninteresting, not really worth taking a picture of.

This was in my memories too, from the Turkey Rod Run in 2020. Seemed pretty interesting to me, just a good example of how some like it hot and some do not. Or maybe "when you're hot you're hot, when you're not you're not".

mp130.jpg.40930e61d77ba55be15ea6d5fc7aeae2.jpg

• Like 1