Former / Dormant BMT Members

67RModel

30 minutes ago, BOBWhite said:

I joined just about as that guy left so Ive never seen him active. The main Mh cabover guy with all the info and books on em, wish he were still around. 

well he still has it,,,and it still looks amazing...bob

• Like 1

I just went to the link, and woudlnt you know, the same security warning that we had here last week, popped up...  Crazy...  I will try again later..   Thank's, Brocky...   jojo

On 11/30/2022 at 3:49 PM, 67RModel said:

I stumbled upon an old 24 page thread in the "other truck makes" about a GMC General truck. Its a great read if you have time to sit down and follow the whole 24 page story. Anyway, I couldn't help but notice how many really active forum members there were then (2014-2017). I noticed there were a ton of "BMT Lifetime" members and "BMT Benefactor" members that just are not here anymore. If you look at their profiles it seems like most of them disappeared in 2019 or early 2020. I came on board in early to mid 2020. Any idea what happened to all these guys? Thanks.

The GMC was JTs truck.  He bought it and brought it home and started working on it.  He is still around on FB.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Ken needed to borrow my driveway for a week a few years ago.  His neighbors don't really appreciate this sitting in front of his house so he parked it at my place until he went back to his farm in PA.

IMG_20170529_163643_721.jpg

• Like 1

Larry

The only two forums I still check in on & I check in almost daily are BMT & JOT.  JOT mostly for the WAI and also for Dima's update on the Russia/Ukraine war.  He's a long time member & Ukrainian. It doesn't matter which side of that war you believe in his daily post (albeit favoring his country obviously) brings the whole thing closer to home and helps to remind us that the people it affects are real and lives are being lost.

I use to be extremely active on both sites now I mostly read & browse.  The earliest days of the ATHS & BMT forums were even more fun because they both had chat rooms.  Eventually we all migrated to just one and typically we would have 20-50 people in and out during the course of 2-3 hours each night & some were from other parts of the world not strictly in the US & Canada.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I checked it out earlier and it was a little crude looking for me so I left haha. 

14 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Little spoiled over here on BMT 

That's my point!  JOT is a pretty good forum.  But, this one kinda spoils you!

I check in on the WAI thread about every day.  I even won that a time or two.  But, this forum is just awesome.  And, it's mostly Bulldogs!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

On 12/1/2022 at 4:32 PM, BOBWhite said:

I joined just about as that guy left so Ive never seen him active. The main Mh cabover guy with all the info and books on em, wish he were still around. 

I last talked to him at the ATHS show in Winchester, he's there about every year too. He said he doesn't get on here as much because of all the "political bull$#it", but he did still look around from time to time.

If I see something I don't like or if it doesn't interest me I just keep moving. But there's been a couple here who's only goal seemed to be keeping some sort of controversy stirred up and painted everybody with the same broad brush, like that female type person who got booted about 3 times, and changed her name after a week or so and came right back, talking the same old stuff. And the DM guy that was just hateful, he didn't like anybody or anything apparently. But I enjoyed hearing what all the aforementioned guys who are gone had to say. I got a congratulations E-mail from Jim Hancock after I got married. Said he was going to Macungie next year.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:01 PM, Freightrain said:

The GMC was JTs truck.  He bought it and brought it home and started working on it.  He is still around on FB.

I saw that truck in Harrisonburg last year. JT and Sandy came to the wedding, I told him I should have bought that truck myself when he sold it. 

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

forums/internet are real life minus the fact that a lot of people get some really big balls behind a computer screen and say shit they wouldn’t ever say to peoples faces in person (shows what kind of person you are).  In the fact that forums are essentially real life situations for the most part people need to just learn how to walk away and avoid confrontation.  As much as a tough guy you are, an avoided fight is won fight. If you  see a topic you don’t like just leave. Just like in person if you see a bad situation you’re more than likely gonna avoid it the best you can.  9 times out of 10 no one asked for your opinion anyway. If you comment then you just made it your issue. However if someone wants to be an in internet bully and just follow you around and say shit, well then it becomes harassment and it’s time for them to get the boot….and because their an asshole. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. For the little time I have been here every single person on here has been absolutely helpful and courteous. If I ever see someone come on here and be a dick I’ll gladly step in for you fellow members regardless if I end up like the guys we are talking about or not. 

Edited by Onyx610

9 hours ago, other dog said:

I saw that truck in Harrisonburg last year. JT and Sandy came to the wedding, I told him I should have bought that truck myself when he sold it. 

I didn't know it was at Harrisonburg.

Onyx610.  There has been more then once that I was going to reply to something someone posted....but I always reread and rethink my comment and make sure it is what I want to say and then deleted my comment.  You have to realize that you don't have to say everything on your mind.

• Like 1

Larry