Former / Dormant BMT Members

67RModel

16 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I miss Rob. He knew a buttload of stuff. 

I was headed to some place one time, don't remember where or when. I was still driving the Peterbilt though, and I was going west on I-74 to get there. I called Rob and he rode out from Farmington to the TA truckstop in Peoria on his motorcycle and we talked for a bit. He looked the truck over then we went inside and had a coffee, or iced tea or something. That was the only time I met him.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

20 hours ago, other dog said:

You must be talking about Tim Maikshilo.

Tim and I speak most weeks, he is doing well and living the dream as best  as I can make out

Yes he is back in the State's, Connecticut or Vermont, not exactly sure were as my geography of that part of the US is a little hazey to say the least 

He is like the rest of us, very busy with life 

Paul 

With the pictures Tim posted lately I figured he was still in NZ or the like.  Pretty landscape and farming.  Guess not?

Tom, Rob bought that bike here by me.  I went and looked at it for him.  Then he did his typical midnight run to me and picked it up.  I drove the trusty rusty Dodge to my house and he rode the bike.  Once at my place he loaded it in the back of the dodge and off he went 

Another time he bought some big antique floor jack by me.  I brought it home and he made a run over to get it.

Another trip was for 12v71 Detroit parts from a buddy of mine.  An old friend of mine that was on here(greg ryder) with the old A model fire truck flatbed came over and we made an evening out of collecting parts.  Greg passed away suddenly a few years back.  I never knew until I saw Adelmans had his truck for sale.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Tim and I speak most weeks, he is doing well and living the dream as best  as I can make out

Yes he is back in the State's, Connecticut or Vermont, not exactly sure were as my geography of that part of the US is a little hazey to say the least 

He is like the rest of us, very busy with life 

Paul 

He's another one who's very active on facebook, and Mark (vision386) is too.

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

With the pictures Tim posted lately I figured he was still in NZ or the like.  Pretty landscape and farming.  Guess not?

Tom, Rob bought that bike here by me.  I went and looked at it for him.  Then he did his typical midnight run to me and picked it up.  I drove the trusty rusty Dodge to my house and he rode the bike.  Once at my place he loaded it in the back of the dodge and off he went 

Another time he bought some big antique floor jack by me.  I brought it home and he made a run over to get it.

Another trip was for 12v71 Detroit parts from a buddy of mine.  An old friend of mine that was on here(greg ryder) with the old A model fire truck flatbed came over and we made an evening out of collecting parts.  Greg passed away suddenly a few years back.  I never knew until I saw Adelmans had his truck for sale.

Oh wow, I didn't know that about Greg Ryder, I remember him.

I met him in jr high.  He went to different high school, then he joined the marines and didn't keep track of him until I saw him here.  We chatted a few times through the years and I would run into him at the Dover steam show in Aug.  

Larry

I was just thinking about "Skippy Mack"  I know that her and her family were new here, but there were a lot of posts of them building the B-Model..  It was kinda' nice to see the family workin' on their truck..  jojo

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Brocky said:

And another: The guy from central PA with the drop deck, pulled with a Mack, who recovered / moved a lot of fire trucks on this forum???

Greg Hoffman, I last saw him at the Gear Jammer truck show in NH in July.  He's still running the MH with a 3406 repower.

7 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I was just thinking about "Skippy Mack"  I know that her and her family were new here, but there were a lot of posts of them building the B-Model..  It was kinda' nice to see the family workin' on their truck..  jojo

"skippy" and family are farmers if i remember correctly, so they would be very busy in summer season. i am sure we will be seeing her post soon, as most of her posts were off season winter time..

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Ya, Greg is still running that old MH.  Met up at Harrisonburg, VA convention.  Saw him after you saw me over the fence Brocky!  He was parked down the aisle from me, towards the campgrounds.  Ya, he gave up on the old Mack powerplant after it failed the second time.  It's now a CattyMack.....LOL.

Larry

3 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Ya, Greg is still running that old MH.  Met up at Harrisonburg, VA convention.  Saw him after you saw me over the fence Brocky!  He was parked down the aisle from me, towards the campgrounds.  Ya, he gave up on the old Mack powerplant after it failed the second time.  It's now a CattyMack.....LOL.

The transmission was the latest thing to give out on it. I told him he should try to find an 18 speed to put in it, but he was way ahead of me, he was already in the process. He sent us a wedding gift too-

gh318.jpg.286e72601bdf80609d8b343f3b895250.jpg

He sent some other stuff too, but this caught my attention more. He asked Zina for our address and she wouldn't tell him, saying "you don't have to send us anything". So he asked me, so he could "send a Christmas card" he said. So I sent it to him, not knowing he had already asked her- until he told me. He said "she wouldn't tell me, but I knew you would be just dumb enough to do it".

I've seen Vinnie at Macungie a couple of times, last time he bought a fuel tank at the flea market there. I don't remember if that was last year or the year before last now. He has definitely grown up! 

Skippy Mack I don’t think she comes here unless she has something to talk about her truck and yes her and her family are very  busy most of the time according to what she says … umodelnut… clearly we lost him to the split tail … Bob

On 12/14/2022 at 8:19 AM, other dog said:

The transmission was the latest thing to give out on it. I told him he should try to find an 18 speed to put in it, but he was way ahead of me, he was already in the process. He sent us a wedding gift too-

gh318.jpg.286e72601bdf80609d8b343f3b895250.jpg

He sent some other stuff too, but this caught my attention more. He asked Zina for our address and she wouldn't tell him, saying "you don't have to send us anything". So he asked me, so he could "send a Christmas card" he said. So I sent it to him, not knowing he had already asked her- until he told me. He said "she wouldn't tell me, but I knew you would be just dumb enough to do it".

I've seen Vinnie at Macungie a couple of times, last time he bought a fuel tank at the flea market there. I don't remember if that was last year or the year before last now. He has definitely grown up! 

Is his MH orange in color?   

18 minutes ago, storkmack said:

Is his MH orange in color?

I think you might be thinking of Ray Sidella. He transports a lot of antique trucks for forum members. He moved my White Road Boss for me earlier this year. He has an orange MH he uses. His username her on the forum is mack mhe9. I think he used to be very active but not so much anymore. He responds to PMs very reliably.

19 hours ago, 67RModel said:

I think you might be thinking of Ray Sidella. He transports a lot of antique trucks for forum members. He moved my White Road Boss for me earlier this year. He has an orange MH he uses. His username her on the forum is mack mhe9. I think he used to be very active but not so much anymore. He responds to PMs very reliably.

That’s who I was thinking of.  Been seeing him going through the the Chicagoland area lately. 

5 hours ago, storkmack said:

That’s who I was thinking of.  Been seeing him going through the the Chicagoland area lately.

He told me he has a dedicated weekly run picking up in Wisconsin and delivering all over the mid Atlantic states. P.S. how is the Hendrickson coming along?

Edited by 67RModel

21 hours ago, 67RModel said:

He told me he has a dedicated weekly run picking up in Wisconsin and delivering all over the mid Atlantic states. P.S. how is the Hendrickson coming along?

Haven’t touched since getting it home essentially.  Work is just starting to slow down for the season, but the weekends have been packed.  

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to resurrect this oldish thread again. I spent entirely too much time this week on BMT and here its midnight on Saturday and I'm still on it lol. Anyway, I spent a lot of time reading old threads and looking back through the photo albums. What I realized is this place used to be super rowdy and aggressive. I mean there are a lot of threads that are down right nasty and hateful. This was in the 2017 - 2019 timeframe. I have never experienced anything like those threads in my time here. I came in about when all that seemed to be ending in early 2020. I was thinking maybe that hostility drove a lot of guys away. Or if they were not directly involved in the conversations just said screw it and decided to log on anymore and read a bunch of negativity.

• Like 1