Former / Dormant BMT Members

67RModel

a lot of the old members decided to start a poop storm for some reason known only to them. 

they were asked to stop, or leave. so they left.

we still are not sure why, or what set them off.

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I thought I was only one questioning (in my head)  the departure of so many senior members; many of which are up in rank 13/14 of 14. sometime back i asked about the number of log ins that logged on /off same day never to reappear. thought it was a scam dating site or something .  alot seem to be around '16-'17. i've guessing this site came in to existence around '05  from some members profiles . I missed alot from passed topics i read. 

• Like 1

I for some reason find it very odd that sooo many people just left…. From what tjc said and has before, it’s just hard to believe that many people couldn’t just get along with whoever it may be and just said were done. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, fjh said:

Yup I miss most of them guys ! I missed what happened likley some political BS. We have a new group now starting to build again Keep it civil choose to disagree and debate with calm demeaner or say nothing!  All will be good! In my mind If I had a something to say to people I would PM them to clarify Rather than post it for everyone to see rather stir up shit! Unfortunately, some have their opinion and nobody else's opinion counts! otherwise it becomes like Elons Twitter  page A shit show for all to see! Like I have said before Let's Talk about important shit! TRUCKS ! Even Volvo Qualifies Sort of ! 🤣

Amen, Brother!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

1 hour ago, fjh said:

Yup I miss most of them guys ! I missed what happened likley some political BS. We have a new group now starting to build again Keep it civil choose to disagree and debate with calm demeaner or say nothing!  All will be good! In my mind If I had a something to say to people I would PM them to clarify Rather than post it for everyone to see rather stir up shit! Unfortunately, some have their opinion and nobody else's opinion counts! otherwise it becomes like Elons Twitter  page A shit show for all to see! Like I have said before Let's Talk about important shit! TRUCKS ! Even Volvo Qualifies Sort of 🤣

only if you say they stink.  😁

It seems internet forms just aren't as popular anymore. This forms my favorite so far and the community's the best and active. Smokstak used to be my favorite but all the forms are now either all politics or generator technical jargon. All the old iron people either died or stopped posting. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This place is the only forum I have been involved in..  I really like all the different categories.  I got to know quite a few really smart guys on here, and if we have a topic that's not truck related, we have a couple places to do that. That way, those that aren't interested in the topic, can find one that suits them..  Just my thoughts..  I do notice more and more topics about the MP's, and lots of issues with trucks that are less than 5 years old.... to be expected.... I Guess...  Jojo

i am involved with 8 forums on a bunch of subjects. 

only two allow politics, and then only in the specific politics and religion sections.

and one you need to be a paying member to access the politics section.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

JOT is another forum that evolved from long ago.  It was the ATHS forums originally, it went through a couple upgrades, and the downfall was when ol Bill Johnson(x-pres of ATHS) decided it was useless to have and pulled the plug after a couple fellows worked at getting set up in the new format.  It was a chit show.  Eddy took the helm and with financial support of Peter J. started JOT so that NO one could ever pull the plug or discard any photos or information.  I still poke around on JOT and meet up with fellow members at conventions.  It is not high tech or flashy, but does the job for the group that is there.

I do not disagree.  I go there from time to time just to check up on those guys' activity.  Have to see Jim's latest pictures!  I do wish we had a What Am I? section over here.  That's one of my favorite parts of JOT.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

lotta them (WERE) thrown off,,,not sure about the rest,,,heavy gunner was one of them,,,he sent me a PM shortly before he got throw out ,,telling he thought he was going soon,,,and didnt know why,,,,because he really didnt do anything...chev41 he was always on here,,,then just vanished....im thinking he might has passed over to the better side....two guys i did parts business with one had a BCR other brockway,,cant remember either one of thier stage names,just fell off suddenly  bob

37 minutes ago, mowerman said:

farmer 52,,,,he left but i still see him at watts yearly truck show,,,and he sends me text messages occasionaly    bob

I joined just about as that guy left so Ive never seen him active. The main Mh cabover guy with all the info and books on em, wish he were still around.