Former / Dormant BMT Members

67RModel

2 hours ago, fjh said:

I agree my 066 leaks if its not left on its side! Used to use husky 2100 for my logging projects but when that saw wore out I switched to stihl  Its a beast just eats the wood! As an addition to the comments Iv'e always avoided posting to personal attacks  on members ! Even to defend a person your better to withhold comment! just tends to stir up shit!

Guys- are you saying leaks gas-like inside cylinder?  don't see how that is possible but my 036 sometimes would get like "hydrolocked".  Very experienced guy told me if you don't store on side it will "leak".  I've pulled plug and plug was wet-shine light in bore-that looked wet.  I've left it open, cranked it a lot to cycle piston, then it would be okay.

that possible?

36 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

My fuel and oil cap would leak outside, and the bar oiler port clogged easy..  

Cyl no! If you look at the picture of my project there I pack the saw on the tractor if I leave it in the sheath bolted to the fender it always smells of gas!

14 minutes ago, BOBWhite said:

I really hate to add to the off topic fire but I don't even use our chainsaw anymore. Milwaukee Sawzall is the way to go. No bar oil, no gas just plug it in and go. New blades are cheeper than new bars and bar oil. 

Of course there aren't any big tree's here in Kansas, a good axeman should be able to clear the county in an hour. 

Ya were gona have to get Barry to ada a new chainsaw forum soon 🤔still more important than politics 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, High Binder said:

I'm at the point where I hear them 24/7. With all the Artillery rounds, Tank rounds, impact hammers, and grinders, used without hearing protection, they sing to me constantly.  

Yes the ringing doesn't ever stop when it is quiet

Surprising how it just sort of snuck up on me 

Paul 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Paul 

Me Too, Paul..!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

19 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Paul 

When younger people ask me what it's like I always tell them it's like late summer when the locust/cicadas are out. For me it sounds like late summer year round everywhere. Hearing aids have helped a little but not much.

• Like 2