Where did THAT come from??

1958 F.W.D.

Damn, I felt fine at 4pm yesterday. By 7pm my head felt like it was filling up with concrete. Tremendous sinus pressure, my eyes hurt, nose running like a faucet. Took a nice long hot shower and went to bed. Up and down all night with running nose and painful sinus pressure and fevers/chills. We got 5" of snow overnight. Got up around 6am and took a 12hr decongestant and went back to bed. Woke up around 8 and felt like crap but somewhat dry. Ran the snowblower and cleaned off the pickup and the wifemobile and by that time I felt like crap again. Wife made me tap out of work and take some tylenol. Sitting here realizing how much daytime TV sucks. Have the shades pulled because the brightness of outside hurts with this sinus pressure. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

When I get that very early feeling I try to catch it as soon as possible with all possible possibilities.

Usually if it's close to evening a small dose of Jamaica rum or Scotch product helps being drunk with a current portion of food. Also I use to keep a can of honey at my kitchen and add a fair amount of it into tea replacing current sugar. Also I make a cup of milk hot in a microwave stoove adding honey again and a small bit of butter. And drink it hot right before getting too bad to bed. Than if such "emergency" stuff don't work I get medicals. But I don't have troubles with blood pressure or other things which might restrict such actions.

Hope that sudden desaster will pass you soon. Wish you a speedy recovery. And one important thing to remember. Don't try taking off the concrete off your head by any mechanical way!

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I do the 4oz of hot water, 1-1 1/2 shot(s) whiskey, tablespoon or so of honey and lemon juice. Like vlad said it helps you sleep, keeps the coughing at bay and clears you up a bit and kills the headache. Get well soon, I had the flu already and then the nastiest 24hr bug I’ve ever had and hope it’s a long long time before I’m sick again. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Our three month old has the same thing, ended in broncitis, thankfully not pneumonia. Started losing oxygen, was breathing almost twice a second. Doc gave us the coolest little nebulizer. Fill'er with go-go juice, turn it on and hold it under his chin. Face gets covered with a thick foggy mist and he starts blowing smoke out of his mouth and nose like a mini Fidel Castro. Hour later he is breathing clear and sleeping.........like a baby. Think they have them for adults too, but fluid used is not over-the-counter. 

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Usually if it's close to evening a small dose of Jamaica rum or Scotch product helps being drunk with a current portion of food. Also I use to keep a can of honey at my kitchen and add a fair amount of it into tea replacing current sugar.

Think I'm going to fake a cough so I can get myself one of those.......out-sleep Jr.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

Our three month old has the same thing, ended in broncitis, thankfully not pneumonia. Started losing oxygen, was breathing almost twice a second. Doc gave us the coolest little nebulizer. Fill'er with go-go juice, turn it on and hold it under his chin. Face gets covered with a thick foggy mist and he starts blowing smoke out of his mouth and nose like a mini Fidel Castro. Hour later he is breathing clear and sleeping.........like a baby. Think they have them for adults too, but fluid used is not over-the-counter. 

Think I'm going to fake a cough so I can get myself one of those.......out-sleep Jr.

Sorry  about the baby

• Like 1

Have a blood test done to confirm if you have a bacterial or viral infection.

If the blood test indicates your neutrophil level is high and lymphocyte level is low, you have a bacterial infection which calls for a cephalosporin class antibiotic like Cefalexin.

If your neutrophil level is low and lymphocyte level is high, you have a viral infection (antibiotics normally don't apply).

10 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

If the blood test indicates your neutrophil level is high and lymphocyte level is low, you have a bacterial infection which calls for a cephalosporin class antibiotic like Cefalexin.

If your neutrophil level is low and lymphocyte level is high, you have a viral infection (antibiotics normally don't apply).

So what is that in ENGLISH???     :o

• Haha 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

7 hours ago, Freightrain said:

So what is that in ENGLISH???     :o

"Live nice as long as you can":)

Seriousely I'm almost for systematic research of an issue to choose the most correct clue. Nobody would argue it's better to have vision than to be blind.

But dealing with medicine test results is difficult since they not always correlate with the truth. So basic "quick aid" by "public methods" could be applied. Sure if the  things don't go really bad.

On 1/17/2018 at 8:05 PM, macks in nigeria said:

Sorry  about the baby

Thanks M of N. He is doing great. Did have a moment where I thought "If this happened a century ago, or in some poor region, he might be dead now". Sobering thought. Thank the Lord for good, competent, medical science.

Concerning KS's blood test......the effectiveness of most of these remedies could be tested by passing a match over the blood sample to see if it ignites with a blue flame.

How a Russian deals with his mid-winter cold symptoms..........Heck yeah! Unpublished reports claim he grabbed and iced an eelpout while down there.

Image result for putin dipping in lake pic

• Like 1

This is a Russian Orthodox high day, Epiphany. Russian church uses Grigorean calendar, so all the dates are moved 2 weeks apart from Western world. We have Christmas on the 7th of January for example.

Yesterday lots of people, mostly those who are in trust (or just some ones drunk) did bathing in rivers and lakes. It's quite popular here, the Church said that all waters are holy this day. So no affect to health. On my untrusty mind such action could be done indeed but when you have your body prepaired by regular trainings. So that crazy getting into ice waters don't seem too nice for health on my mind. And I hadn't to but almost had such an idea in my mind))

• Like 1