Pictures of the Week

other dog

I like the box on that Mac trailer, looks way sturdier that the box that's on the Fontaine trailer I pull now. The box on the Fontaine is the second one that's been on it, and both doors are already cracked on it, because they're so flimsy to start with.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That’s a heavy duty locking mechanism on that tool box. Merry Christmas otherdog and may you have a prosperous 2018 with many memory chips full of pics to share with us. Please send us some pics of the Christmas party you are throwing for the less fortunate (winfall wimmins) and have a happy new year. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

6 hours ago, other dog said:

I like the box on that Mac trailer, looks way sturdier that the box that's on the Fontaine trailer I pull now. The box on the Fontaine is the second one that's been on it, and both doors are already cracked on it, because they're so flimsy to start with.

That Mac is a nice-looking trailer.

Vlad

That string of barges is probably not easy, BUT those guys are real experienced professionals.  And Amazing!!  The locks only have about 4 to 6 inches of clearance on each side.. Gotta be square before you start in!! The city park in Gutenberg Iowa even has some bleachers behind the fence so you can watch them go thru the locks there. I spent about 2 hours there one afternoon while my wife explored the "JUNK" shops across US 52 from the park.

• Like 2

Brocky

OD glad you're back ! Used to like seeing Pilot Mountain off Fancy Gap on 77, looks like a part of one of your wimmin!Lol, always liked Oklahoma! Lots of parking friendly folks! The lock on the side box looks like it came off the back of a dry van! Are they still painting Mail Pouch on barns? For about 40 years the same guy painted those barns! Merry Christmas to all you guys!

On 25.12.2017 at 1:08 AM, Brocky said:

Vlad

That string of barges is probably not easy, BUT those guys are real experienced professionals.  And Amazing!!  The locks only have about 4 to 6 inches of clearance on each side.. Gotta be square before you start in!! The city park in Gutenberg Iowa even has some bleachers behind the fence so you can watch them go thru the locks there. I spent about 2 hours there one afternoon while my wife explored the "JUNK" shops across US 52 from the park.

Broky,

It seems unbelivable to me to turn such string of barges, especially in moving waters of river. Sure those guys do that so it means it could be done. I don't think it's easy though. I also spotted a boat coming into a gate a couple of times and entered the chamber it looked like "herring in a drum" as we use to say in such cases here. Don't remember hearing of any place you can attend watching it as a show. Would be funny to.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 12/24/2017 at 8:00 PM, other dog said:

I know what you're saying, here's a picture I took several years ago-

5a404d785e856_mt.boobage.jpg.e797c874860cfedebc5aa00963913280.jpg

AAAH! Nipple Mountain...

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Vlad

On the Mississippi River, north of St Louis where the locks start, They run the barges in a 3 wide and 5 long configuration. The lock only holds a 3X3 block, so after they get the front in the chamber they unhook that block, let it down and winch them out to tie them off to the side , then go back and let the last 6 and the tug boat down. The tug then actually turns and hooks the front three back on while still in the lock. Massive Power!! You can actually feel the vibrations from the engines and props thru your feet as you stand behind the fence.. Sometimes it takes a while as there is another set going in the opposite direction doing the same.

If you ever get back to the States again put it on your bucket list. Have never searched U Tube?   

• Like 1

Brocky

Yellow things look like Cat G3600 or G3500 units, manufactured in Lafayette, Indiana. Spent a week there a few years ago witnessing factory tests on 3 large Cat 3616’s, 900 RPM Diesel units similar to these which were for large generators. If I remember correctly they weighted about 134,000-lbs each and about 33-ft long

11 hours ago, macks in nigeria said:

Just read today about a company Pine Bluffs Sand and Gravel that has 3 tugs that run on the Mississippi River each with 6,000hp .

What kind of engines are these tugs using? I guess I've never thought much about them, but you stop and think about it and it's pretty amazing. 

16 hours ago, Brocky said:

Vlad

On the Mississippi River, north of St Louis where the locks start, They run the barges in a 3 wide and 5 long configuration. The lock only holds a 3X3 block, so after they get the front in the chamber they unhook that block, let it down and winch them out to tie them off to the side , then go back and let the last 6 and the tug boat down. The tug then actually turns and hooks the front three back on while still in the lock. Massive Power!! You can actually feel the vibrations from the engines and props thru your feet as you stand behind the fence.. Sometimes it takes a while as there is another set going in the opposite direction doing the same.

If you ever get back to the States again put it on your bucket list. Have never searched U Tube?   

Brocky,

Thank you for the tip. Missisippi river itself worth to be seen personally on my mind. I keep on planning one more trip overseas. Just have to get plenty of my ducks in the order before.

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012