Favorite trucker songs from back in the day

seyser

Girl on the Billboard (Del Reeves)

Passing Zone Blues (Coleman Wilson)

Pinball Machine (Lonnie Irving)

How Fast Them Trucks Can Go (Claude Gray)

Windowmaker (Jimmy Martin)

Few of my favorites.

Passing Zone Blues might be my favorite-

"I was in the left lane, scraping gears..."

"officer,if you'll let me go i'll crank this smokin' Mack...i'll go slow....stay behind...won't try to pass..."

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

kinda a shame we dont have a classic country station around me anymore. listened to it for years, now its all syndicated pushed down your throat Nashville garbage.

how about a few of my fav's.

Guitar Town . Steve Earle, and Six days on the road, Steve Earle's version.

Truck Driving Man , Lynyrd Skynyrd

Speedball Tucker was also kind a corny funny song by Jim Croce

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I don't know who sung it but when I was a kid I liked the song White Night. It as about a smokey that would trick truckers on the CB into speeding so he could throw them in jail. The smokey's handle was "White Night".

"White Knight " by Cledus Maggard. He had a few other novelty trucking songs in the '70s. Some on YouTube.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Ironically,on January  8th,we lost Red " I'm A Truck" Simpson. Another  great truckin' singer who had a ton of hits to his credit. He wrote  several  songs for Merle and Buck. And was a big part of the Bakersfield  Sound.   Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Did you know CW Mcall is the man behind Mannheim Steamroller. Just a tid bit, but I like the old CW Mcall way better. I really like the Lynyrd Skynrd truck driven man version.

On 5/9/2016 at 2:48 PM, HeavyGunner said:

I just renewed mine and the closest fingerprint station to me is 5hrs away one way. What a crock of bs. Any sheriffs office (who print me for my carry permit) should be able to print me for hazmat/tsa background check. I highly doubt it is any different than the fbi background check every 4 years for my carry permit. Just sanitizer wast of $86.00 and 10hrs of driving. 

it never ends.... fedex pays for ours but its just a buncha unnessesary balony...bob

Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor by Lonnie Donegan

Freight Train Boogie by Julian Clyde (RED) Foley

Cannonball Rag by Merle Travis

All of Bob Wills & The Texas Playboys Songs

Sons of the Pioneers all of their songs

and everybody else's songs.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2016 at 8:34 AM, j hancock said:

Eight Track.JPG

Got a brand new 1970 Lear 4 / 8 track player for those tapes and a 1958 Mopar Hi-way Hi-Fi for the 45's.... nothing to put them in. :(

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE