Well, Stuff Happens...

other dog

Of all the stupid things I've done, and there's been a few, maybe more, last night's trip to the trash barrel is right up there near the top.

Not because I was going to burn some trash, but because it was dark and I went out to burn it because I thought it was going to rain last night, which it never did. And I was too stupid to grab a flashlight, because I didn't need it in my own back yard...right? Wrong! I walked right into the stew pot stand, which was in the same spot it's always been in, and fell flat on my face.

And you know how when you trip over something you kind of jump to regain your footing? Well, that didn't work because the stand is about knee high, my feets got all tangled up on something and I couldn't break my fall in time, and my glasses just landed flat on the ground. Unfortunately they were still on my face when they did. I still don't know how they didn't just shatter because where I fell was all rocks and gravel, no grass.

And I lay there on the ground flat on my face and could not move. I literally could not move. After a minute or so I moved my legs to see if they worked, and they did. So I got rolled over onto my side and it still took a while before I could move my arms. I could feel what I assumed was blood running down my face. Then I grabbed hold of the smoker that's by the stew pot stand and managed to get up and stumble inside. 

And it's just so crazy to be doing something so simple, and trip and fall like that. Comes with getting old I guess.

PXL_20230103_235246952.thumb.jpg.ec29fcd6dd204c73d56521bf433ba718.jpg

Looks much better today, eh?

PXL_20230104_133635157.thumb.jpg.fa2bc319421d00ca067007a42ac5a7e9.jpg

When I got up this morning my head hurt, my hands hurt, my wrists hurt, my knee hurt, my elbow hurt, and my shoulders hurt. Everything else felt pretty good though.

• Sad 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Tom,,,,  I totally understand how that could happen..  I had an issue myself a few months ago, as you know..  Sometimes, we get blindsided by the 'everyday activities'   I am glad that you are are ALIVE..  My wife reminds me, that She could have found me 'Dead in the yard'..  My guess is that Ms. Zina (after schooling you) is taking great care of you..    Jojo

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

It is funny how things hurry up unexpectedly as we mature,

Yeah Paul, The Older We get, The better We used to Be..!!

OD; If you're like Me. The head is the safest thing to Land On...LOL Zina can Now Nursemaid for a week (or2)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

4 hours ago, Hayseed said:

the hard head is the safest thing to Land On...

boy ain't that the truth. 

i had been putting off getting my knee replaced back in 2015. until december 7th.

my knee gave out and i went down. my whole body, including glasses landed in the grass. my forehead landed on the edge of the asphalt driveway. 

looked like took a load of #7.5 birdshot straight to the forehead. 

doctor in the emergency room would not release me because my left knee was almost the size of a basketball, and sent me upstairs for a knee replacement which they did dec 9th,

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

11 hours ago, Brocky said:

That is a good story!! And I presume you are sticking to it????? What did Miss Zena catch you doing this time?????

🤣 It was very warm Monday, and when I saw the next door neighbor outside washing her car I walked over and offered to help. That's all. Just trying to be a good neighbor, like State Farm.

Screenshot_20230105-084313.thumb.png.4f7a574ebae5d1846c5f74415b5c2e15.png

• Like 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, High Binder said:

Bar fight would have been more believable as long as you said you didn't win! LOL

I was holding my own against those first four, but when their three friends jumped in to help them things started going downhill for me fast.

17 minutes ago, HarryS said:

Or how about "you oughta see the other guy". Seriously, glad it's not any worse. Falling is a curse as we age.

Yup Watch your step pal! I find I'm Quite clumsy on my feet these Days! Even when I can see where I'm going! 🤣

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

I've got similar pics of my mom...who did a similar thing (faceplanted on the sidewalk while walking her dog) last summer. Also got similar pics somewhere of my grandma after doing something like that at the post office several years ago. Guess that's just something that happens to old folk. The LEAST you could do is come up with a better story...like a bar brawl. At least you didn't get run over by your own snowplow...THAT would be embarrassing!😂

Glad the boo-boos ain't too terribly serious.

Yeah, it looks worse than it really is. The scary part was "I've fallen and I can't get up". Like the TV commercial most of us probably used to laugh at. 

• Haha 1

I feel your pain....sort of. About 3 weeks before I slashed my wrist with the zip cut, I was working on the fifth wheel n my sprayer trailer. One I was done I gathered up my tools and went to step down off the trailer frame and somehow tripped. I did a header off the trailer straight into the travel face first. Heard my glass "clack: against the gravel and first thought was "Crap, I just broke my glasses". Then I felt the blood start to run down my face. I walked to the house bent over so the blood would just grip off rather than run dow my face. Got to the house and called wife (standing on the grass as I did not want to bleed on the walk). She came to the door and I said I needed a bandaid. She said "what did you do??". I told her what happened and she said I needed stitches. I said not but she insisted (I was under the impression that is was just a 1/2" cut . Went to the hospital and there, I found out the the cut was more like 2" long. Took 8 stitches. On the way h9me I said to the wife "I'm actually pretty impressed, did a header into the gravel off of the trailer and I didn't even get hurt". She asked what I meant by that since we were on the way home from the hospital and 8 stitches. I said, "yes but other than a cut, I dod not get hurt, no broken bones, no sprained muscles or torn tendons or anything like that. Other than a scratch on the hear I am fine. On a side note, the doc than sewed me up was the` same one` that did the preliminary sewing on my slashed wrist about 3 weeks later, After sewing me up (again) he took the wife aside and told her, "He needs to learn his limitations at his age". This is the trailer that I did the swan dive off of. Was stating up by the fifth wheel on the trailer frame/fender. Was probably more on the fender as I cleared the outriggers. OD's injuries are much worse.

IMG_0509.thumb.JPG.6239664991529e984d4b9bafe597a0f6.JPG

"If you think my face looks bad....you should see the gravel pile I hit it with....."

Lol!

I try to sneak around with minimal lights on, but I see myself getting more clumsy every day.  I tend to turn lights on now!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"