I'm getting too old for this...

RowdyRebel

Good Job, Rowdy..

I reckon Kids are great Things. Best advice i ever about Being a Parent was...

You can only watch them Grow up Once.... 

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

I've been enjoying my boy...most kids want to snuggle up with a stuffy, but not him. He wants his monster truck. If I'm out mowing, he wants to ride on the tractor with me...and if I'm using the push mower, he's right behind me with his bubble mower. He loves using his wrenches to "fix" his toy trucks, and when it's time to feed the dog, he takes his dump truck in to haul the dog's bowl over to the feed bin, he scoops out the food, and hauls the dog bowl back in the dump truck. And yes, not even 3 yet and he's already been behind the wheel of my trucks driving around the field out back. He does pretty good...definitely his father's son.

This baby girl is like her mother...when she decides it's time to do something, it's got to be done NOW. I still can't believe how fast everything happened once the process started. My boy, her water broke at 6 am, mild contractions started hitting around noon, and gradually increased in frequency & strength until he popped out just before 3....about 9 hours total. If I had been on the road, she could've EASILY got herself to the hospital. This one was an hour and a half start-to-finish...and even if she had been in the car, engine running, ready to roll when it all started, she wouldn't have made it to the hospital before things got real. SO glad I was home...would've been bad news if I hadn't been.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

My buddy in Scituate, MA almost made it to the hospital in Hingham when his wife said "its time".  Pulled off the road into a Dunkin' Doughnuts parking lot.  Threw the truck in "park" ran around to passenger door and literally caught his third child.  My three kids were all scheduled C-Sections... No such drama.

https://patch.com/massachusetts/hingham/child-born-hingham-dunkin-donuts-parking-lot-0

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

Congrats!!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well, hell. Guess there's no denying the getting older part. In talking to some of my old friends that I grew up with passing along the good news of the new baby, I found out one of them had a heart attack...100% blockage...they called it the "widowmaker"...luckily, he survived. Damn. We're too young to have to worry about that sort of thing...or at least I THOUGHT we still were. Guess not. Probably a good thing he wasn't married...widowmaker can't make a widow if there ain't a wife, so it let him live. "I'll get you next time, my pretties..."

OK, that was probably in bad taste...but he survived, so I'm going to say that allows jokes to be made.

Anyway, sure as $#!+ we're getting older, but I guess it beats the alternative.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!