My time is running out, I guess...

RowdyRebel

Went in for my DOT physical the other day, and the doc asked me if I had a family physician or primary care doctor.

I said "Only you, every other year for my check-up."

His response? "Well in that case, you'll be dead soon."

:o

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Yearly check ups get more and more important the longer we live. Get checked so you’ll be around to watch and help your little one along through life.  

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Remember doctors are still practicing

Enough of comedy, go see the doctor.

I see my dermatologist as often as my regular doctor and the dentist.

6 appointments a year and a procedure every so often is not that bad.

Just think of it as routine maintenance!

Time to change all of the fluids and look inside!

Pretty sure he was joking...he DID give me another 2 year card. Figure if he was serious about it he would've cut back on the time the card was good for in order to get me in again to take more of my money before I expire.

Just thought it was an odd joke for a doctor to be making.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

The Clock's in Countdown Mode for ALL of us........

i just had My License medical last Week, I'm Good for another 5 yrs..

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

I know it’s a PIA but find a good General Practioner. Get a good physical including PSA

That is why I am in the condition I am in now

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

My doctor of the last 20 sum years retired, I had to meet a new one this past spring.  Nice guy.  He told me he wished all his patients were like me.  I told him he would be out of a job!!!

My CDL physical is due, so that is where I get my basic health check up every 2 yrs.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Rowdy, Please find a family doctor, preferably one associated with the local hospital that you would be taken to from home.. When a hospital assigns you a family doctor it may not a person you like. Talk to your friends and neighbors as to who they like or dislike.. 

At age 44-5 the doc doing my DOT physical said to see my family doctor as my blood pressure top number was high. Was in the process of a divorce living in the KW and a Post Office box. Couple of years later "Borrowed" some blood pressure pills from a friend and passed again. A year Later I was flat on my back in the hospital with a STROKE!!!

Brocky

BP 122/72. My eyes are good, too...Right 20/13, Left 20/13, Both 20/10. Yup...I can read the bottom line on the eye chart with both eyes. Read the next-to-the-bottom line with each single eye.

Like I said...pretty sure the doc was trying to be funny.

• 3 weeks later...

I am supposed to be in Lynchburg loading a load of steel going to Davenport Florida right now, but I woke up about 3am. and could barely walk. The pain in my ankle is excruciating when I put any weight on it. I'm sure it's gout, I seem to get it about every couple of years. It just comes on unexpectedly and without warning. Every other time it's been in my foot though, and it gets red and swollen by my big toe. This time it's in my ankle, and it's not red or swollen, but it hurts just as bad.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:34 AM, david wild said:

Let's see girlfreind comes for visit, need to go on a run and your ankle is swelled ??? sure it's your ankle ????

Ankle.............well I'm sure that's just what TOM calls it.....................🤣

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 10:21 AM, Freightrain said:

Ankle.............well I'm sure that's just what TOM calls it.....................🤣

Well, nowadays things might swell that aren't supposed to and things that are supposed to don't.  Whatcha gonna do?😁

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

38 minutes ago, other dog said:

Well, nowadays things might swell that aren't supposed to and things that are supposed to don't.  Whatcha gonna do?😁

I'd talk to Old Bill and heed his advise.   :thumb:

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE