CoronaFarce-rus

Mack Technician

Well the left leaning Boston Globe had a big article yesterday covering all  aspects of corona.  In that article was a comparison of covid-19 vs the flu. As of March 11 there were 1039 confirmed cases in the US and 29 confirmed deaths .  This was compared  to an estimated 45  million cases of  "flu" annually in US with "Up to 61,000" related deaths.  So if you do an equation and using annual stats and the current 1039 number, we should have 1.4 deaths out of the 1039-not 29.

They also had world wide stats and they say there are 121,000 confirmed cases and 4368 deaths.  Doing the same math, they said there were 1 billion estimated "flu" cases annually worldwide, leading to 646,000 deaths.  Doing the same math that says there should currently be 78 deaths world wide vs the 4368.

As to the issue of secrecy,  if idiots are out stocking up on toilet paper,  just think of the panic that could set in if some facts are clearly understood. Our schools in my small town are closed today.  With no reported  cases that I know of.  Is it the SAME as the flu?  I don't think so.  Is it the end of the world? Maybe for some who are elderly (ME!) and not in good health to begin with.

I am not suggesting this news coming out today is the truth.
I would only suggest that the full truth behind the virus is unknown to us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A prominent Chinese official has promoted a conspiracy theory that the United States military could have brought the novel coronavirus to China -- and it did not originate in the city of Wuhan, as thought.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian republished a video of Robert Redfield, the director for the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), addressing a US Congressional committee on March 11.
In the clip, Redfield said some influenza deaths in the US were later identified as cases of Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
Redfield didn't say when those people had died or over what time period, but Zhao pointed to his remarks in support of a growing conspiracy theory that the coronavirus did not originate in Hubei province in central China.
"CDC was caught on the spot. When did patient zero begin in US? How many people are infected? What are the names of the hospitals? It might be US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan. Be transparent! Make your data public! The US owes us an explanation!" the Foreign Ministry official said.
Hundreds of athletes from the US military were in Wuhan for the Military World Games in October 2019.
https://www.dvidshub.net/feature/2019MilGames

What is not said is 140 nations participated with 9,308 athletes competing and an unknown number of support staff and spectators

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

I hope this virus goes away, as SARS did, when warmer summer weather arrives.

And like SARS to date, does not return.

As I think we all do.

Buuuutttttt, in the meantime, I'm going to capitalize and have a little fun with it.....

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Dr. Marty Makary, a medical professor at Johns Hopkins University, says "we’re about to experience the worst public health epidemic since polio.”

“Don’t believe the numbers when you see, even on our Johns Hopkins website, that 1,600 Americans have the virus,” he said. “No, that means 1,600 got the test, tested positive. There are probably 25 to 50 people who have the virus for every one person who is confirmed.” 

He added: “I think we have between 50,000 and half a million cases right now walking around in the United States.”

“Our American hospitals have had very little room to take on increased capacity,” Makary said. “Most ICUs function at full capacity or near full capacity. We only have 100,000 ICU beds in the United States. We could see 200,000 new patients that need critical care up to 2 million.”

“We’re watching what’s happening in Italy very closely,” Makary said. “China was not transparent. Iran was not transparent. But Italy has been extremely transparent, and what we’re seeing there is a hospital system that’s entirely overrun, even with the quarantine, which we have not done. So I think we need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.” 

That means stopping nonessential activities and travel for as long as needed to contain the spread of the virus, he said, along with working from home.  

“We’ve got to abandon this idea that this virus is contained,” Makary said. “It is at large, and assume it’s on every door handle and on every car door and with every handshake.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/marty-makary-on-coronavirus-in-the-us-183558545.html

Europe is now the 'epicentre' of the coronavirus (aka. Covid-19) with more daily cases on the continent than China was suffering at the height of its outbreak, the World Health Organisation (WHO) said today.

WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus made the stark assessment today as he lamented the 'tragic milestone' of 5,000 global deaths from Covid-19. 

He added that Europe now has 'more reported virus cases and deaths than the rest of the world combined, apart from China'.

Photo 2.jpg

40 deaths and 20 were all in the same nursing home.  The elderly are most at risk.

Well you can panic and fight over TP and frozen egg rolls and whine how we're all screwed or put on you big boy pants follow the routine  of hand washing, using sanitizer, crowd avoidance and most of all common sense about where and what you do. All the news  and internet / facebook and twitter panic hype is a major issue.  Use common sense, reliable information that's not from a key board warrior and go on with you life. 

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

53 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Walked in to my local Mennonite Country store and all things were in perfect order. All shelves stocked and orderly, Gospel choir music playing softly over the store speakers, young ladies in beautiful ankle length flower dresses smiling and working busily......and not ONE stinking roll of toilet paper left!!!!! The ridiculous TP hoard made it to my township.

The Mennonite here shun certain earthly luxury. They cut the antennas off each vehicle as a show of solidarity against media mental corruption. They only sell cheap toilet paper which has a softness grade “crocus cloth”. Somewhere out there this morning a Corona-Dork is exfoliating layers of critical soft tissue and I’m happy for them. 

Now that's funny

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

When I lived in Philly and much younger we had a down stairs boys room to use the potty. My grandmother wouldn't let us (filthy stand up to piss boys) use the upstairs lavatory. We didn't use toilet paper. We had a Sears and Roebuck catalog with a hole drilled in it hanging off the wall. Tear off a page scrunch it up and have a wipe. To bad Sears and Roebuck doesn't offer a catalog any longer. 

• Like 1

Mack 11E.jpg

30 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

Mack Technician "They cut the antennas off each vehicle as a show of solidarity against media mental corruption."

The whole world needs to do this!!!! This is the whole problem.....media brainwashing and fear mongering.

Mennonites around here watch the television for news:

image.png.7902cdc52b0e1aa16b581c40afe47b75.png

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

1 hour ago, james j neiweem said:

Toilet paper is a highly nutritious plant based product that is high in fiber and low in fats and gluten free. When I was a kid I used to eat bread and gravy may bee a better alternative would have been tp and gravy.

Granma used corncobs on the farm...

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

6 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Granma used corncobs on the farm...

Yup. Use a brown one, then a white one to see if you need another brown one.....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Mack Technician "They cut the antennas off each vehicle as a show of solidarity against media mental corruption."

The whole world needs to do this!!!! This is the whole problem.....media brainwashing and fear mongering.

10-4 sir, if we could get just the facts, unadulterated, bare bones, drama free, unmanipulated, FACTS, imagine how different things would look?

I’ve noticed the Amish and Mennonite do a lot of things right.

They’re pacifists, but around here they wanted to hunt, so now they’re church sanctioned pacifists with guns. Perfect!

Conversations you never hear at the local country store....”Ruth has a hard decision to make about removing Zachariah from life support” or “does this dress make me look modern” or “did you hear what Trump tweeted” or “Esther is dating a boy I’m just not sure about” or “Miriam, put down that smart phone!”. 

The real kicker, I mean total frigging kicker, is they train their kids to speak with a Pennsylvania Dutch accent. They want to sound East Coast Dutch like the folks back in the mothership and I’ll testify you can’t tell they were born and raised here. Even the little kids. 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

They bought a lot of farm land around here. And I don't mind it, because a lot of it was going to waste and they have a lot of good farm production going around here.

And all by hand and horse. Pretty cool to see. But I kinda gotta laugh when I am working in those areas and their little kids are just starring at my Western Star and waving in awe, LOL

I kinda like a lot of things about the way they live. Other than the not bathing part, LOL

Dit ya sink ya note me? Pennsylvania Dutch are different from the Amish (Pennsylvania German) or Mennonite. Call a Pennsylvania Dutch Amish or Mennonite could start a feud in these here parts where I live. Big difference between the Clans.  One notable fact is the Amish and Mennonite groups reject hex signs, believing that they represent pagan superstition.  

Mack 11E.jpg