Jump to content


Big Dog
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


paulbrook last won the day on May 8 2020

paulbrook had the most liked content!

About paulbrook

  • Birthday 12/15/1957


  • Location
    Cumbria United Kingdom

Profile Fields

  • Interests
    Old vehicle restoration, old house restoration, painting and drawing, walking, growing old(er) disgracefully and fine English beer.
  • Gender

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Recent Profile Visitors

3,056 profile views

paulbrook's Achievements


Collaborator (7/14)

  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges



  1. I have just completed (and test run) a converted AC engine. Relatively straightforward as long as you have access to a decent lathe. We decided to machine the flywheel in such a way that the ring gear sat in a rebate so that the outer was the same diameter as the flywheel. We then 3d modelled and 3d printed a starter mount before casting it and machining it. We machined it deliberately to require shimming to ensure the correct meshing of the starter pinion. Because we are in UK I decided to start with a suitably sized ring gear (which, incidentally bolted on rather than being shrunk on (although we did machine the flywheel for a press fit) then sourced the starter motor to suit. In my case I went for a truck set up and 24v, so if required I can jump start it from a (modern) truck. Video here:(11) Facebook
  2. I have one out of a truck and on a stand right now. Very happy to run it around to the place next door on a forklift and pop it on their scales! But seriously, there is less heavy iron on it than most motors as someone has already said. I am not saying that you will not need a sturdy hoist, but it is definitely not in the same category as a Hercules diesel out of a Diamond T (which we put in a truck recently) Now that really was heavy!!!
  3. I think that Elsa is a bit of a two-timing bitch............................... Wonder if her real name is Meghan?
  4. Whoda thunk it... Seems like having a Mack or two is good for something.... (please not this may not be 100% genuine...) but look what I got in my inbox on here earlier.... "Hey. I'm Elsa. I'm 35 years old. I broke up with my boyfriend 6 months ago. Since that time, there has been no sex in my life. I'm looking for a man. I look forward to having sex at least once a day. Register using the link below and write to me. My nickname is sexyelsa41. Click......................" wonder if she realises where I am?
  5. Of the 150 built, 10 came to Britain. One survived, but has now been scrapped I think. Frame number was FN1C1181.
  6. I am in England but I could really use that motor!
  7. I am pretty sure they are the same and I have some (used)
  8. Thank goodness it sold. Another day or two and I would have been contacting my shipping guy! Lovely lovely truck and I hope it goes to a good home.
  9. i wonder if you would consider parting it out. I could really use that jug motor. Thank you
  10. The handles look straightforward, the latches less so. Can anyone point me to where I might find some (otherwise I will have to make them!) Looking more closely those latches would be straightforward to make. Could someone give me some dimensions - maybe the diameter of the tube? I can scale everything from there.
  11. What I could really use if anyone has such a thing are close-up pictures of the two handles on the sided - the ones on my old hood are just some flat strip bent into a D shape and welded on, and also the sprung bonnet clips that hold the hood down, as I do not have those at all, or even the remains of them.
  12. got the inner strengthening pieces in and thought that I had better just check the fit. Not too bad. Plenty still to do but it is looking good so far. Sorry about the daubs of paint. The black is a fantastic primer we use on bare steel, the red is a color my daughter thought it would look good in. I am less sure.
  13. Side panels done. Seamed up at the front it should be a folded joint but I will add a strip on later that will look perfect. Then I will salvage the hinges etc from the original. For the rear and bottom wired edge |I intend to cheat and use solid rod welded continuously taking care not to add too much heat.
  • Create New...