Superliner Project

That's not DM bumper. That's optional heavy duty Superliner bumper.

The one which was origially on the truck (red one) looked nostalgic. But I doubt it would look nice after the truck get fresh paint.

What was impressed me the most is the condition of the frame rails. They seem as brand new and someone put scratches on them just to make used look:)

Good luck on the project!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I have posted on here about Lizrad skin before, and apologise if I am repeating same information. We have used it extensively on a number of Mack trucks. And most happy to share our knowledge and experience with Lizard skin. Back in 2004, I spoke to Bob Call, the inventor from Arizona of LS, and he gave me many tips of how to best use his products.

If you are not familiar with LS, based on Bob's advice, may I suggest that you apply the LS sound control first and then the original Lizard skin for temperature control (it also has sound control properties) and in that order per manufacturers instructions. Also apply to both sides of fire wall and the floor, especially around the underside of the rear of cab, all the those curved sections of the body panels around the bottom rear cab wall, where rust likes to munch away the metal. If you are removing the upholstery, do all the inside of the cabin that is not painted and is covered. Finally do the inside of the doors, again with both products.

You will be surprised with the results, both sound and temperature.

Because it's like a custard, it flows into all corners, crevices and literally if it is applied properly it will completely cover ALL the metal especially those hard to get to metal joints and inside channels, so that it then completely seals the metal body panels, and especially the bottom of the doors where the metal seams are and dirt etc collects then the moisture takes over followed by rust. It is a great rust protector and salt in winter snow. 

And both products are thin coatings, however if being applied during cold damp weather, make sure that your have heating or hot air blowing to allow proper drying for effective curing of the product.

Our next project, 1989 Valueliner, will get the complete LS applications, including the underside of the fibreglass hood, because it dampens the engine noise and road noise from the wheels. And so easy to spray the hood underside, literally 10 minutes, only taping/masking the edges will take 30 minutes. Very effective in our B75. And the real fun is that we get to hear the twin exhaust sound more clearly with the window open and without the engine rumbling to dull the exhaust barking. 

Congratulations for finding a excellently maintained Mack, my first reaction was how good your frame is, rare!!!

• Like 1

I think it's perfect just the way it is, other than the rear bumper looking bare and I'm partial to a dual stick Mack drive train... but as Mrs.Mack said the main negative I see is it's not mine... What do you plan on doing with it once it's done? I see you've gone through a good bit of trouble building that box for the trailer lines...

Edited by CaptainCrutch

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

On 12/1/2019 at 1:05 PM, Vladislav said:

That's not DM bumper. That's optional heavy duty Superliner bumper.

The one which was origially on the truck (red one) looked nostalgic. But I doubt it would look nice after the truck get fresh paint.

What was impressed me the most is the condition of the frame rails. They seem as brand new and someone put scratches on them just to make used look:)

Good luck on the project!

That’s a first never seen a HD Superliner Bumper sure looks like a DM