MH's and E9's

Just got back from Canada and very happy. I closed a deal on 2 complete E9-500 MH's both run when parked, air ride 3.86 and 4.17, a spare complete E9-500 and a ton of MH parts. New exhaust in boxes. Good bumpers, grills, glass, visors, perfect tanks, no rail spread. Mack 18 in one, 12 spd in other and 13 Fuller on spare engine. Super nice guy had them for 10-12 years and did not have time or money to complete one. There was another MH E9 and spare engine that was not for sale. He has to sell off his stuff because the farm is going up for sale next year. Property taxes are killing him. Didn't really want all the stuff but it was a great deal that I could not pass by. From what he said there are a lot of E9 MH's up there by Vancouver because of the length laws and need for big power years ago.

Thought I was done with the old dog rescue with the last one but am saving a lease one more. The dog house is almost full. I was so into looking at everything I did not take one photo.

Is there more MH guys out there? They kind of grow on you.

So... you found Carl...!!!!

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/42061-mh-and-cruiseliner/

I am withing an hour of him.... super nice guy

I assume this white MH is the truck you bought?

I will PM you...

BC Mack

post-10384-0-80739200-1456622643_thumb.j

I have really enjoyed owning the E-9 MH I have. Solid truck with a unique look and driving experience that grows on you.

Had to get an MH to match the Superliner I got from you several years ago. I almost got as good a deal on this MH as you did. I can make this into a real nice truck only a few years out though. Got a few projects already in the works.

So... you found Carl...!!!!

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/42061-mh-and-cruiseliner/

I am withing an hour of him.... super nice guy

I assume this white MH is the truck you bought?

I will PM you...

BC Mack

Yes I did, That is one of the two that I got. The other one was in the other building with all the parts.

Super guy, How many MH's did he have? I counted 6 that were still there.

I missed the last spare E9 engine by a month. It was still there waiting on pick up. It was purchased by the crane guy that has that red double steer Superliner up there as a spare for it. It is a super nice truck heard he was thinking about replacing it just because of age. Changed his mind when the bid came in on a new crane and got a few spare parts for it, best of all this one is paid for.

Yes I did, That is one of the two that I got. The other one was in the other building with all the parts.

Super guy, How many MH's did he have? I counted 6 that were still there.

I missed the last spare E9 engine by a month. It was still there waiting on pick up. It was purchased by the crane guy that has that red double steer Superliner up there as a spare for it. It is a super nice truck heard he was thinking about replacing it just because of age. Changed his mind when the bid came in on a new crane and got a few spare parts for it, best of all this one is paid for.

When I was last there to pick up the black one... the pale blue one is owned by Reddecopps, there was a dark blue glider that still had most of an E9 in it, a yellow cab and frame in the weeds and the two you bought... plus one and a bit Cruiseliners still there too.

that engine was "sold" last year but not picked up yet, Carl spent good money to get the pump and injectors done.. it was removed out of his now sold 94, he put a Cat into that one as he really needed the exhaust brake for the work he was involved in.

There must have been more over the years, I bought a pair of 44 axles that came off a clean truck and he has lots of used and new parts....

he probably cleaned up the region of E9 MH's as there are only a few left in this area.

keep me posted when you plan to pick up

BC Mack

Got another MH guy here... First truck I owned was a V8, traded it away for a new CX in 2000, last truck I had on the road was a V8 Super liner. Been driving somebody else's truck for last 4 years, but looking forward to getting this MH on the road.

post-2694-1456696193_thumb.jpeg

Nothing fancy, E6 350, 10spd RR, on Neway. Just right for a single owner-operator. Had 2 V8s, don't really want another, only due to cost and availability of parts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I saw a couple MHs in a junk yard a few days ago Im going back to pick more parts in a week or so if anyone has any requests

I know Farmer 52 was looking for a map (Interior overhead) light for his. I think it was standard in the upgraded interiors. If you find one grab it, I'll pay you and work it out with Ken later.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

You want to sell or trade me that 18 speed lol.... nice find Jeff. I think the MH are one of the best looking cabovers made. Just not for me I am a superliner guy to the end.

Yes Tom, I am a Superliner fan as well but everything below the cab is the same. I just could not pass on the deal so Hopefully I can stop with 4-5 Mack's now. Can't say yes to parting with the 18spd, it is maybe a spare for my Superliner. When I am up there to get all the stuff, around the ATHS show time, I can see if BC Mack will part with the 18spd he got from Carl.

I don't know which trans to use in the MH a Mack 12 or a Fuller 13, when it is restored, have one of each on engines. Though likely to use the the 18 and make a Drag race truck out of one MH.

Parts, I have no problem helping everyone with parts, just not engine stuff. I just have to get it all and sort though the crates to see what is all there. If there are request I can get parts off the Glider that the spare engine is coming out of. I am sure it will be scraped after I leave. Only thing I really want is the visor, it is squared and I have not seen one like it before on an MH.

A scuare visor is one nice looking thingy on a MH.

I'd like to get one either.

But It's difficult to find and costy to ship overseas.

And actually I'm not too far on the MH resto to get me scratching my head with not top important part.

Congrats on the V8 deal.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

5 hours ago, Mack Doctor Jr. said:

MH square visor? Never seen one....

It is like the one on my Superliner. Sort of squared and straight across, comes to a point in the middle. Is that a Lund model? Only one I have seen on MH's are rounded and follow the curve of the windshields. This one sticks out about 10 inches, further than the rounded one at about 6.

3 hours ago, BC Mack said:

I think this is the truck with square visor you are discussing..

BC Mack

IMG_9462.JPG

Yep that is the one, only one I have seen. Getting the Hard to find aluminum bumper too!!  It is an easy fix in the old shop press, pretty strait to start with. Glad to see you took a few photo's for my sake..