Picked up this B61ST Dump Truck

socket and real long piece of pipe on the handle on the crank on the front of the motor if you can get to it or perhaps a pinch bar on the ring gear

once you get it move just a little rock it back woulds and forwards till it will roll on its a bit at least that is what I would try

good luck

Paul

never heard of a uni shift before

Good find indeed.

I agree, you need some while to figure out what to do with it.

From the pics it looks restorable.

If you're going to try the crank to turn ower it's better to put some fuel into cylinders and let it stay for a week or so. Than try to turn.

The result might be too different. It it's stuck really hard due to rust in the liners the only way is repair.

Good luck on the project.

Vlad

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The engine was not stuck and turns over free but didnot try to start yet, I had issues with the 24 volt starter. Does anyone know were is the air switch for the unishift (high, low) supposed to be mounted, how durable are they and are there any parts available.

The transmission in this B has a regular shifter, but the switch they screwed to the dash is air switch, not mechanical linkage. I thought the unishift would be an air shifter. I will try to get numbers off the transmission today. from the forum it looks like the numbers to be on the drivers side of the case?

The transmission in this B has a regular shifter, but the switch they screwed to the dash is air switch, not mechanical linkage. I thought the unishift would be an air shifter. I will try to get numbers off the transmission today. from the forum it looks like the numbers to be on the drivers side of the case?

It is air / mechanical, the mechanical link is from the clutch arm to the air shift cylinder on the trans and from the pre select switch on the shifter to a selector on the trans ( for hi or lo range )

From oldmacks

This is a listing of transmission options for various B models. Do not consider this to be a total list of transmissions.

The explanation of transmission letters and numbers below

TR -- 5 speed transmission without compound box attached.

TRD -- 5 speed transmission with 2 speed compound box attached.

This is called a duplex transmission.

TRDL -- Same as above but with aluminum case. L stands for weight

reduced or light weight.

TRDX -- Same as TRD but with low hole gear. X stands for severe service.

TRDXT -- Same as above with the addition of a transfer case for front wheel drive.

TRT -- 5 speed transmission with 3 speed compound box attached.

This is called a triplex transmission.

TRTL -- Same as above but with aluminum case. L stands for weight

reduced or light weight.

TRTX -- Same as TRT but with low hole gear. X stands for severe service.

TRQ -- 5 speed transmission with 4 speed compound box attached.

This is called a quadruplex transmission.

The numbers following the letters tell sizes and revisions.

The last number will tell some important features.

0 -- Transmission is overdrive in high gear

The following do not apply to straight 5 speed transmissions

3 -- Transmission is called a mono-shift

30 -- Transmission is called an overdrive mono-shift

5 -- Transmission is called a uni-shift

50 -- Transmission is called an overdrive uni-shift

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

She looks like she still has a lot of promise left in her. I guess knowing if the engine is good bad or otherwise is a big piece of information. Once you know if it runs well or not you can probably see a clear path. I like the fact it is a tractor. Is the dump box really made up with plywood or am I seeing things? Either way, many guys have made nice trucks from less...

I can't imagine driving a unishift that would hang in neutral all the time...sounds dangerous and frustrating.

Keep us posted and good luck. I hope it runs great and doesn't smoke.

She looks like she still has a lot of promise left in her. I guess knowing if the engine is good bad or otherwise is a big piece of information. Once you know if it runs well or not you can probably see a clear path. I like the fact it is a tractor. Is the dump box really made upwith plywood or am I seeing things? Either way, many guys have made nice trucks from less...

I can't imagine driving a unishift that would hang in neutral all the time...sounds dangerous and frustrating.

Keep us posted and good luck. I hope it runs great and doesn't smoke.

Thanks, I will be working on it next week to try getting it running, the 24 volt relay and solenoid under the seat had me stumped for a little bit But i think i have it now. i was told the plywood was added to the outside of the steel to cover dents and help keep asphalt warmer on longer hauls especially the michigan weather. I dont know if I believe that.