Mack B61 single axle

Job41

Are you referring to the bid amount when you ask where to start? Ebay is not face to face nor personal, so I would start very low. Open with $1500.00 and don't worry about insulting the seller. Years ago you could have bought the old girl for $500.00. Like many other collectibles the prices have only gone up, especially old Mack trucks!

With an auction, you can always bid higher. But you can't go the other way and offer less once your bid is out there. Secondly. 1500 is what I would start with the hope that I end at my target. I would hope to end up somewhere around the 5500 to 7000 mark, if I were in a position to purchase it.

I think if they are asking $8500.00 or best offer which seems high for truck pictured. $3,000.00 in my opinion would be a good starting point and my ending point would not be much higher. I know when I try to sell something I priced at say $1500.00 and someone offers me $500.00 I personally do not care to do business with them. I would rather let it sit than sell for less than I paid for it. I do not want to make a lot of money off something but at least break even.That being said if I am buried in a truck or parts it is my problem not anyone elses.

It looks like the truck is being offered as a "Buy It Now" or "Best Offer" and not as a typical auction. I would do the best offer at somewhere in the mid range of what I would pay (I'm just say'n, not trying to buy myself) and hope that was good enough to get it or at least get a response from the seller. Or if you really want it step up to the top dollar you would pay. There is one offer already listed. Good Luck.

First thing I would do is email the seller and get his number so you can speak with him and find out more about the truck. Alot easier to gets details via phone vs emailing back and forth. Explain to him that you have interst in the truck so he knows your not just another tire kicker but dont come off as overly intersted. Ask his bottom dollar and then make an offer after that.

You would be surprised Iv have times were something was listed for say $4000 and I was all set on offering $3250 but when I asked bottom dollar the seller would mention he just wants it gone and comes back at $3000. Id then offer $2800. You have to feel out the seller and see how bad he wants it gone.

-Jeremy

Thanks guys, this is all helpful. I've been watching on auctiontime, and seen what they're going for there. This truck could be in better shape than some of those, but hard to know. I have been emailing with the owner, but will try to get phone.