just wondering what you guys opinions are about people posting something they found on ebay or craigslist on here. my opinion is the fun is in the hunt and I like to find stuff myself. sometimes I get pissed when im biddin on something on ebay and then its posted on here a day or two later and I get outbid for a dollar. I have also found something on craigslist at night, didn't wanna call the person late so called the next day only to find out it was posted on here or another site and all the world knew about it. I know its the name of the game and first come first served but sometimes pees in my Wheaties when I have been watchin something for days on ebay and go to bid and its posted on here and all of a sudden gets a ton of action after days and days of non bids

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I say yes.

Sometimes I find something and want it and like you it gets gobbled up, there is no way to know if it was because it is posted here. Heck some of the posts are the only reason most of that stuff does not get scrapped.

I am in the process of getting another truck in Colorado, actually need to go get it, anyways had it not been posted on here I would not have probably found it. I did tease Superdog about it by asking if I could get first dibs but like anything first come first serve, whats the old saying money talks!

I just sold a 1980 782 IH cub Cadet (collectable)tractor with 220 hours all attachments snow blower, mower deck, plow, blade, wagon, disk, harrow, tire chains extra new wedges in the pack. Got a lot of calls and the first thing I tell them is if you want it come and get it if you cant come for a certain amount of time send a deposit otherwise it is first come first serve keep checking on CL if it is listed it is still for sale. A guy called me on Monday he said he could not come until Thursday or Friday he was up near Illinois did not want to send a deposit I took his number and said Okay. Another guy called on Monday from down near Springfield was interested told him the same thing.He said he would be up on Thursday, he called before he left to make sure I still had it this morning and 3 hours later pulled in looked it over paid, we loaded it, I took down the CL ad and called the guy from Illinois and he understood with no hard feelings.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I agree with you guys, most things would not be found or heard of it if was not posted on here. been watchin a B model rear end that's on ebay for days, want it because it has the aluminum apring hangers ii have been tryin to track down forever. no bids so I bid, one day left it seems to be on fire. eve the better have gave me permission because she agrees we need a'' roadtrip'' to retrieve some Mack parts!

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I DON'T THINK IT MAKES MUCH DIFFERENCE! IF IT'S SOMETHING MANY ARE AFTER IT WILL GO THAT WAY! I'VE FOUND IT WORSE WHEN YOU GET TRIGGER HAPPY CLOWNS ON THERE BIDDING CONTINUOUSLY BECAUSE THEY WANT TOO BE THE HIGHEST BIDDER! TOO GET SOMETHING I REALLY WANTED I'VE GONE TOO THE TROUBLE OF GETTING A SELLERS MOBILE NUMBER BY ASKING FOR MORE INFO, RANG HIM AND SAID IF YOU PULL THE LISTING NOW I'LL PAY WHAT YOU'RE ASKING! HE AGREED AND WE DID THE DEAL! ALTHOUGH HE WASN'T FAR AWAY AND I WAS WAVING CASH UNDER HIS NOSE! THAT, MAKES A DIFFERENCE! MICK :whistling:

:mack1:

dunno about you blokes but it seems to be the way the world works now and stuff you can find anywhere in the world WOW ! and I guess the seller loves it heaps more coin than they would have got and also might help to flush out other stuff that has been hiding away because no one thought it was worth any thing

I always find its best to bid in the last 15 seconds give less time for people to out bid you they have only got a few seconds

Paul

I do not have an opinion (surprise surprise). I do appreciate "someone else" searching for items and posting the results. I do search on my own but sometimes amazed at what others find. Many of the items are too far away, too expensive, or just not interested. As for eBay, I usually bid what I want to pay and if I get it OK, if not...I will get over it.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

G'DAY PAUL, THAT'S WHAT I WAS TRYING TOO GET OUT BEFORE BUT I STARTED RAMBLING AS USUAL! IF I REALLY WANT SOMETHING, I'LL WAIT AND SEE FOR A BIT BUT IF IT GETS TOO HIGH I'LL JUST WALK AWAY. IF IT STAYS IN WHAT I THINK IS A FAIR RANGE I'LL HAVE A GO, I DON'T MIND PAYING WHAT AN ITEM IS WORTH IN THE MARKET. THAT'S ONLY FAIR AND IF I GET A BARGAIN THAT'S GOOD, I'M NOT LIKE SOME THAT WANT TOO HAGGLE OVER EVERY DEAL, MICK :P

P.S. BUT YEAH, I'VE BEEN A SNIPER ON EBAY

:mack1:

I enjoy seeing items that others have located. Sometimes there are duplicates to my own searches but no big deal. I try to set my price for an item and let the chips fall.

Certainly craiglist and ebay have expanded my search area for parts beyond the local swap meets.

Mixed emotions on snipers, hate them when I am bidding and love them when I am selling.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Luckily I don't buy much of anything, so it is a moot point to me. I agree, sometimes it is not good for a buyer to suddenly have more people interested but you can't just say that BMT is the fault of that. Way too many other places that it can be put to advertise and be seen. I get the aggrevation, but like mentioned, there are plenty of people that wait to the last second anyway so as to not arouse suspicion that they are interested. It's a game and if you don't like the outcome there are only two options. Quit or accept it.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

It's good and bad. I never really search Craigs or Ebay but the few I've bid on I'll generally give a heads up on here for others members to know about my bid. Heck I even have backed off bidding because another member already was bidding on the item ( the Corbitt is an example) If I do really want an item I bid the maximum I'm willing to pay and hope I get it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

One thing I really miss is not being able to tell who you are bidding against on Ebay. I got to know several of the members Ebay ids thru the years and if I spotted something a fellow member was bidding on,I wouldn't touch it unless they quit.

Mike,

I like your idea but eBay "codes" the bidder's nickname so you cannot tell who is bidding.

Ken

Mike,

I like your idea but eBay "codes" the bidder's nickname so you cannot tell who is bidding.

Yeah,I know. But they didn't used to do that. Another advantage of knowing the bidder id's was that you could sometimes tell when someone was "shilling" or plugging their item. I knew a guy who was terrible about that,he'd list a truck and have a friend plug it. He tried to pull that on me once on a C609T,as soon as his buddy started running me up on it I called him and raised hell ,told him I was going to turn him in to Ebay,not only did I get the truck for the opening bid,he threw in a set of B model fenders when I picked up the truck.

one disadvantage was that I had a guy that would follow what I was bidding on and snipe me at the end of the auction,had that happen many times.

Hidden eBay IDs are good and bad.

Sniping happens on GovBid too.

And don't get me started on Craigslist....more problems than not. My "CL account" is "frozen" and I can't access to add or delete postings (and I think any reponses to my ads are not delivered to my email). All I get from CL are automated replies sending me to CL forums for answers. CL was a good idea but too many abusers.

Ken

One thing I really miss is not being able to tell who you are bidding against on Ebay. I got to know several of the members Ebay ids thru the years and if I spotted something a fellow member was bidding on,I wouldn't touch it unless they quit.

I remember those days too, Mike. The other issue with the non-hidden bidder names was you could search on what a specific member was bidding on. For instance if one member spent hours searching for cool parts and collectibles that lined up with what you collected, you could just search on items that individual was bidding on. It saved a bunch of time and was kind of shady way of going about searches.

As for the original question, I say it is OK. I agree I am bummed to see a posting of something that I found that I was interested in, but that's the way the world is now. On the other hand I have specific search criteria and some of the posts are things that wouldn't show up in my searches and are really cool to see. So for that reason, I say, lets see them! Drew

:SMOKIE-RT:

Another thing eBay's done is the "electronic" sniper,where a bidder can let THEM handle the bidding for him. Every time somebody else bids,the electronic sniper ups your bid just enough to be top bidder. (Makes me wonder-what if a dozen bidders are using the ES? I guess then it just goes along ratcheting EVERYBODY'S bids up,over and over,until everyone's topped out. I HATE bidding,so I just shop for "Buy It Now" stuff. :twothumbsup: I see it kinda like WalMart-I hate like hell to use it,but sometimes it's the only game in town.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

YES from my side.

I'm not a really active bidder but I like to see interesting stuff showed out on here.

One or two times I catched up the things seeing no interest of others.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012