CoronaFarce-rus

Mack Technician

24 minutes ago, tenfive0 said:

Dit ya sink ya note me? Pennsylvania Dutch are different from the Amish (Pennsylvania German) or Mennonite. Call a Pennsylvania Dutch Amish or Mennonite could start a feud in these here parts where I live. Big difference between the Clans.  One notable fact is the Amish and Mennonite groups reject hex signs, believing that they represent pagan superstition.  

I always got along with the Amish in this area, and Mennonites. The Amish, I could repair their generator sets so they could make cabinetry with power tools, and have running water courtesy of pumps..... The Mennonites, extend common courtesy such as get a door for one of the ladies and the whole family extends gratitude. 

I've always admired their desire to "not" fit in, and practice many of the old ways of life myself. They don't bother me, nor I them, and it works well. 

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

This fall a friend of mine had a metal roof installed on his house he shopped around and got a Mennonite father and sons to do the job they started before 8:00 in the morning and by 6:30 the roof was done  lots of cuts had a front porch side porch an addition on the back of the house. Plus they were almost 1,000.00 cheaper then the next lowest bid. I stopped by on my can am spyder and the old man came running over to look at it asked me lots of questions about it i told him to take it for a ride but he said he couldn't do such a thing but he said he really liked it, cool old guy.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

I always got along with the Amish in this area, and Mennonites. The Amish, I could repair their generator sets so they could make cabinetry with power tools, and have running water courtesy of pumps..... The Mennonites, extend common courtesy such as get a door for one of the ladies and the whole family extends gratitude. 

I've always admired their desire to "not" fit in, and practice many of the old ways of life myself. They don't bother me, nor I them, and it works well. 

The Pennsylvania Dutch in my area are referred to as "Fancy Dutch" by the Amish and Mennonites. Not to many "Fancy Dutch" remain in my area as there were when I moved here from Philadelphia 30 years ago. The Fancy Dutch modernized and became contemporary with electric and indoor plumbing. The Amish and Mennonite call everyone who isn't German and Caucasian an Englishmen.

• Like 1

Mack 11E.jpg

The more I learn about Cov-19 the more tinfoil hat I am we already had it here in mid February. China was getting hit in December. Talking to family, neighbors, friends, who had (have) what we had in our house and it’s the same adventure.....

Able to eat through it, all fever, respiratory, sore throat and aches.....

kids had mild symptoms, adults got it handed to them.....

I had a fever of 102.3, lasted 36 hours, broke, returned to work next week for a few days and got hit again with a second fever of 100.5 for 12 hours(w/same symptoms)....

Chest feels heavy like you inhaled a bucket of swamp water... 

follow up lung-butter cough/hack for 3 weeks to dissipate....(kids had hardly any follow up cough). 

Most of us had flu immunization and it did nothing to prevent or ease symptoms same as the peeps who didn’t have any shots at all......

So if that’s our current seasonal flu, and it was here before all the hoopla started, what (is it) was it? 

Edited by Mack Technician

1 hour ago, 41chevy said:

I'm one of the high risk people according to my grandson. No spleen, one kidney and 6 or 8 feet of intestine all of which abandoned me to live in some zipperheads stew pot. Told my grandson that I wash my heads a zillion times a day in the parts washer, I dislike most people so contact isn't a big issue, cars and trucks are constantly being cleaned  before and after use. Most all my food is shot, caught on a hook, dug out of dirt.dried, preserved or butchered and frozen, by me so grocery stores aren't an issue really. Worst comes to worst my M114a1 is also NBC equipped.  So I guess unless the local Barney Fife somehow gets in to my property and coughs on me (assuming he survives the mile drive to my house and shop, and the walk to the door through the Basset Hound mines, I should be good to go. 

I don’t worry about you Paul, you were prepped before being a “prepper” was cool and if zippy really tried eating the missing goods all he got was a sore jaw and the experience of what a tough S.O.B. tastes like. 

• Like 2

1. It is now said the virus dies out at 77 degrees Fahrenheit ( 25 degrees Celsius)

2. Keeping your throat wet advantageously passes it through your system (which might explain why your supermarket is sold out of beer).

3. The virus was banned from West Virginia, and as a result the US state has no cases (Virginia now regrets splitting apart).

• Confused 1

Wife works at Walmart. Stupid crazy there, even though there are no reported cases within 100 miles. Empty shelves. Neighbor hauls out of P&G and says it's been stupid over there, too. Loading twice as many trucks as usual, at 3/4 or less of what they typically load in order to get SOMETHING to all of their customers, rather than complete SOME orders while completely neglecting others. Absolutely ridiculous. The governor here just said all restaurants & bars are to be closed at least through the end of the month...sucks for those who depend on those paychecks & tips. Absolutely crazy, considering the common flu kills way more per year. I'm just curious how many businesses are going to go under...how many jobs will be lost...how many homes will go into foreclosure...how many will file for bankruptcy. Hell, even the criminal & civil courts in this state are closed for 30 days...so much for the right to a speedy trial. People are absolutely out of their minds...no reason at all for this level of panic. If this is what happens over something less severe than the common flu, kinda makes you wonder how bad it'd be for something actually seriously bad.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Same in Massachusetts,  all schools closed, all bars and restaurants closed, take out and delivery only. No gatherings of more than 25 people.  Can't figure out if this applies to companies with over 25 employees, can't open up for work?? I guess we are finding out what it's like living under 3rd world dictatorships. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RowdyRebel said:

Wife works at Walmart. Stupid crazy there, even though there are no reported cases within 100 miles. Empty shelves. Neighbor hauls out of P&G and says it's been stupid over there, too. Loading twice as many trucks as usual, at 3/4 or less of what they typically load in order to get SOMETHING to all of their customers, rather than complete SOME orders while completely neglecting others. Absolutely ridiculous. The governor here just said all restaurants & bars are to be closed at least through the end of the month...sucks for those who depend on those paychecks & tips. Absolutely crazy, considering the common flu kills way more per year. I'm just curious how many businesses are going to go under...how many jobs will be lost...how many homes will go into foreclosure...how many will file for bankruptcy. Hell, even the criminal & civil courts in this state are closed for 30 days...so much for the right to a speedy trial. People are absolutely out of their minds...no reason at all for this level of panic. If this is what happens over something less severe than the common flu, kinda makes you wonder how bad it'd be for something actually seriously bad.

Take a look  at what I posted the other day.  Now if the stats in that article were false, end of story.  If they are true, you can't argue with the math. My first thought was also.."bullshit".  I'm afraid though the numbers that are being affected, are overwhelming the medical professions  ability to treat.  If we had a limitless supply of respirators, would not be as big an issue.  But we don't.

When this news first broke, I  believe we were limiting flights TO China!  WTF!  We should have immediately banned all flights FROM China.

China stonewalled this whole thing from the beginning.  And now we find out we are dependent on China for a high percentage of our drugs!

Let's see what we do about that now.

"Well the left leaning Boston Globe had a big article yesterday covering all  aspects of corona.  In that article was a comparison of covid-19 vs the flu. As of March 11 there were 1039 confirmed cases in the US and 29 confirmed deaths .  This was compared  to an estimated 45  million cases of  "flu" annually in US with "Up to 61,000" related deaths.  So if you do an equation and using annual stats and the current 1039 number, we should have 1.4 deaths out of the 1039-not 29.

They also had world wide stats and they say there are 121,000 confirmed cases and 4368 deaths.  Doing the same math, they said there were 1 billion estimated "flu" cases annually worldwide, leading to 646,000 deaths.  Doing the same math that says there should currently be 78 deaths world wide vs the 4368.

As to the issue of secrecy,  if idiots are out stocking up on toilet paper,  just think of the panic that could set in if some facts are clearly understood. Our schools in my small town are closed today.  With no reported  cases that I know of.  Is it the SAME as the flu?  I don't think so.  Is it the end of the world? Maybe for some who are elderly (ME!) and not in good health to begin with."

By the way- update here in Mass.  Our gov announced about 3 hrs ago.  All restaurants closed except for take out meals, no gatherings greater than  25 people-means no movies- schools closed until April 7th (I may be wrong on that date-but it is an April date.  Only retail open- drug stores and food.  If this is no worse than the "flu", a huge number of businesses will be at risk of failing on a "whim".

Watch that clip I posted or the entire show. The Dr on it has chased infectious diseases for 30+ years. This spreads faster than the flu the death rate (from what little info scientists have) seems to be much higher. He also said people think they are holding up for a corona virus blizzard when in reality it’s going to be more like a corona winter in length. Governor just shut all public schools down in Montana.  Hopefully they keep paying all the folks that keep a school running since it’s budgeted out already for the year. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

Watch that clip I posted or the entire show. The Dr on it has chased infectious diseases for 30+ years. This spreads faster than the flu the death rate (from what little info scientists have) seems to be much higher. He also said people think they are holding up for a corona virus blizzard when in reality it’s going to be more like a corona winter in length. Governor just shut all public schools down in Montana.  Hopefully they keep paying all the folks that keep a school running since it’s budgeted out already for the year. 

HG- THX!  I did not look at this first time around.  This guy really nails it.  Also makes me think about the wisdom of shutting schools down for a month.  Not a big issue if the household has a stay at home parent.  But in this day and age those households are probably in the minority. Key point he raises is these young kids are least impacted so if I heard him right there is less of a case for doing this.

You heard him right red horse. According to what little data there is school age children of normal health are seemingly unaffected by coronal virus and they don’t know why yet. 
don’t feel bad Bullheaded we just got 18” of snow with 30mph winds for two days. Plenty of snow and big drifts everywhere now. Hard to believe it was 62 degrees a little over a week ago. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

2 hours ago, Red Horse said:

As of March 11 there were 1039 confirmed cases in the US and 29 confirmed deaths .  This was compared  to an estimated 45  million cases of  "flu" annually in US with "Up to 61,000" related deaths.  So if you do an equation and using annual stats and the current 1039 number, we should have 1.4 deaths out of the 1039-not 29.

They also had world wide stats and they say there are 121,000 confirmed cases and 4368 deaths.  Doing the same math, they said there were 1 billion estimated "flu" cases annually worldwide, leading to 646,000 deaths.  Doing the same math that says there should currently be 78 deaths world wide vs the 4368.

Problem with those numbers is they're comparing apples to oranges. "Confirmed" cases on one hand, vs "estimated" cases on the other. How many people have had this coronavirus and not been affected by it, or who had mild enough symptoms that they did not seek medical care? Then there are those who sought medical care, but were not tested to confirm the virus. When all of those people are factored in, the death rate is significantly lower. Likewise, if you only include folks who got sick enough to seek medical care for their flu as "confirmed" cases, then the death rate would be higher than by including all of those assumed to have had it. What standards are they using for their "estimations", anyway? Important info to have before you start extrapolating data to make comparisons.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

3 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

How else can the Lame Stream Media and the liberals turn it into a weapon against Trump and his supporters than hurt peoples livelyhood and kids??

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Desperate times require desperate measures and they are holding the short end of the stick with the upcoming election. They aren't too stupid to realize they're beaten before the opening gate.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

9 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

Problem with those numbers is they're comparing apples to oranges. "Confirmed" cases on one hand, vs "estimated" cases on the other. How many people have had this coronavirus and not been affected by it, or who had mild enough symptoms that they did not seek medical care? Then there are those who sought medical care, but were not tested to confirm the virus. When all of those people are factored in, the death rate is significantly lower. Likewise, if you only include folks who got sick enough to seek medical care for their flu as "confirmed" cases, then the death rate would be higher than by including all of those assumed to have had it. What standards are they using for their "estimations", anyway? Important info to have before you start extrapolating data to make comparisons.

In the beginning of Red Horse’s post he clearly states If the stats provided in the article are wrong end of story so I don’t see his post as just a guess. It’s based on what very little facts there are. In South Korea they have kiosks that peopl can come to and get tested on their own and the death rate seems relatively low. But that’s in one area of the world and doesn’t mean that it can’t be deadlier in others. In that clip I posted the infectious disease expert who has been chasing diseases said this is just the very beginning. Italy went from ok no corona virus to completely shut down in 4 days. They’re estimating based on what little info they have on 468,000 deaths from corona virus. The expert said 10-15 times deadlier than the flu. I’ll take the expert at his word that this is worse than the flu. 

THAT IS A TWIST!

Would you buy a used truck from this Guy even if you didn’t know his name was Jack Ma?

Photo 4.jpg

I had a lot more that I chose to delete before posting in my effort to remain politically correct? FTW..

Mack 11E.jpg

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Desperate times require desperate measures and they are holding the short end of the stick with the upcoming election. They aren't too stupid to realize they're beaten before the opening gate.

Saw on MSNBC today that because Republicans only watch Fox that more of them will die than Democrats because only MSNBC,  ABC, CNN and HLN tell the true news. The talking heads were elated by that point.   Sad how much open hatred there is by certain groups.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

37 minutes ago, tenfive0 said:

THAT IS A TWIST!

Would you buy a used truck from this Guy even if you didn’t know his name was Jack Ma?

I had a lot more that I chose to delete before posting in my effort to remain politically correct? FTW..

Jack's not in the truck business, but he's a brilliant businessman and a heck of a nice guy.

• Like 1

I was trying to remain silent, politically correct with truck content to be true to the forum. Still wouldn't buy a used truck from him no matter what business he's in. He might be a nice guy I really don't give a rats behind.

We need to be prepared but WTF is with ALL the hysteria? We all need to wake the hell up. There is a higher being, call it what you will? Let nature take is course. No government intervention will save use from ourselves. These assholes are not GODS or anyone I need to turn to save me if I want to be saved. I'm pretty confident no matter the Human Species will survive. Even without Jack Ma or our Government to save us. This isn't the end of the world.. I'm older in age and I've done my part to propagate my species.  I screwed like a primate when I could.

The government did to much or didn't do enough. It don't f_ucking matter. I have two Son's I tried to rise them the best I could. They are both hard working and take NOTHING FOR GRANTED. The sad thing is they have no interest in propagating because of what we have become. A bunch or pantie wastes crying and sniveling for a free hand hand out or help from someone other then ourselves.

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste". This is an opportunity for our government to do things they could not do or get away with before. I live in Pennsylvania and our Governor has done his best to shut down the entire state. Our schools, courts and OUR Capitial Building is closed to the public. The Capitial isn't closed the the Governor, State House and Senate Members. Do as I say not as I do. I want to know what's going on in there while we're preoccupied by them and not allowed to be there or to look inside.They are trying to pass a health Bill that I do not agree with that could take away more of our right as citizens without any citizens input. WTF and we shouldn't be concerned? Really we are worried about how we are going to wipe our asses. RIDICULOUS, stupid AMERICANS.. THIS IS ONLY A TEST. The governor of The People's Republic of New Jersey just announced stay home, no non-essential travel between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM. The National Guard will assist if necessary. Sound like a curfew and martial law to me. Well I live in Pennsylvania and I'm beating our Governor will not be out dune by Murphy and get on the TV with all the other talking heads to do the same. It seems like everyone one what's their 15 minutes of fame.  

I'm all for being prepared and we might be better to error on the side of caution. My local township has a fire department and they are prepared for a fire before it starts. This might be a crisis but it's being manufactured to be a "SERIOUS CRISIS". The world has been through it all before and it will go through it again. History repeats itself. We should be asking? What did we learn the last time and how can we be better prepared? No one knows how bad it will get no matter how much they what us to believe their bullshi_. Unfortunately there will be suffering and some people WILL DIE. I'm not a fortune teller but if I survive in a year I'll might be able to tell you how bad it was. I hope I can tell you how bad it wasn't. We only hear the bad shi_. There are people who have and are surviving this shi_ but we are only hearing about those who died as a result. Remember, we are all here because our great-grandparents, grandparents. or parents SURVIVED the Spanish Flu of 1918. No one has a crystal ball and as far as I'm concerned it's all bullsh_ until proven otherwise. I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I'm done with this and might interject back to the topic next year God willing if I survive. I might walk out my door or be in my house and hit by a meteor and KILLED.   

Mack 11E.jpg

2 hours ago, tenfive0 said:

No one has a crystal ball and as far as I'm concerned it's all bullsh_ until proven otherwise.

Dunno about  the video, sitting at airport waiting to catch the kero kite to plant a mate and it would be rude to watch it in the airport

But that last line I feel is pretty much spot on

The future will only tell us how bad it was

The media are out of control here as no doubt they are in the rest of the world 

The sun will come up tomorrow no matter what we do 

And Coranavirus is the proper for the common cold apparently 

And there's a covid number of your choice for every year for decades

Covid 19 is 2019's version of man flu

People need to get a grip

Thats all

Paul

• Like 1