1970 Mack DM800 22k front/80k rears on truckpaper

He really is not a bad guy in my opinion. I purchased my drop deck from there and once here it was much worse than he thought. My photos proved it. He offered to reverse the transaction if I returned the trailer, or refunded enough from the purchase price to pay for the steel to replace the complete neck after I submitted an estimate. This is what I elected to do and the trailer has served me well.

Again this is back when I knew how to do this kind of crap:

These days I need somebody to show me how to tie my shoes.....

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I really don't know anything about Brian, nor the business. However he did me right through an unseen internet purchase, (I feel) and only relaying the same. I've heard horror stories myself, but in a world where most look to discredit and spread hate for whatever subject they can participate in, credit needs given where due and his business seems to be successful as it's been around a lot of years. He is not one of those vendors I would "blanket" disregard if there was something of interest to me. 

Just my thoughts; sorry if any disagree.

Edited by Rob
  • Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Brian is a good guy with a passion for the same thing that all of us have. He has put his money where his mouth is an what is shown on the internet is the tip of the iceberg as to what he has. He just last week bought a dm800 that is far cooler then the one listed for sale.....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Anyone else stop scrolling and just stare when they saw the lug nuts? Or just me?

Looks like hydraulic rear brakes. Does not look like a triple frame. 

I had up til a few years ago a 1969 DM811 pretty much the same unit only mine had hardbar not camelback. The frame was triple railed to just past the trunion and it had the Bendix hydraulic brake system on the rear also. Never knew the reason and could never get any answers way the system was set up like that.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The reason I always heard for juice brakes was there was no room for a conventional air brake chambers while using mega duty suspension and giving some room for everything to oscillate.

Big axles, big drums, big springs or big walking beams take up a lot of space.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

What is the asking price now? that truck was owned by latona trucking right up the road from my cousin's bus garage if I remember it was for sale for  8500. I remember seeing that truck for sale a long time.it has a pretty good paint job but paint don't make the truck. lue denaples has or had one close to this one.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:55 PM, ekennedy21 said:

1971, 22k ft 80k rears, winch, 14.00r24 rubber. Awesome looking ramp up to the fifth wheel. Just an awesome truck

Do u have any pics of his recently aquired DM800 ?   What color is it ?