Question for married members

41chevy

Yup.  If you want it, buy it.  If you think she'd like it and you feel like it, buy it for her.  Hell, my wife really didn't want the Suburban, and more than half the stuff I've done to it she didn't think was necessary, but she's a woman and her place is in the kitchen.  She doesn't argue with me over garage stuff, because I'm the man and the garage is my domain.  Bottom line is that she's happy driving the Suburban, and if I'd listened to her instead of just doing what I knew to be best, it wouldn't be the reliable and fun vehicle that it is.

So, are you the man of the house?  Or do you let her run your garage?

For the record, I don't meddle in her kitchen, either, other than repairing or replacing appliances that quit working.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Threaten to take up golf; explain what it will cost to join and keep a club membership, buy clubs, a cart and trailer, and remind her she will never see the money you spend on greens fees again. Then go buy the car since it is such a bargain.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

With over 100 cars, trucks, motorcycles and 8 containers of parts, she'll probably would have never noticed it. But she insisted we buy it because she misses our old 59 El Camino.

Rowdy, she works right with me in the shop helping out with disassembly, parts hunting and cataloging parts. She has never been afraid to get greasy or dirty since we were kids. Guess that's why we've been together since we were 14.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That's awesome.  I've got a good friend who's girl is WAY out of his league, but they bonded over their shared love of turning wrenches and riding horses.  My wife picked up a LITTLE when she was the support manager in the automotive dept @ Walmart...but that pretty much means tires, oil changes, batteries, and windshield wiper changes.  Great part about that is I can give her a $100 bill and she knows what I mean when I say "I need 3 of the 2.5 gallon jugs of Delvac" .

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

With over 100 cars, trucks, motorcycles and 8 containers of parts, she'll probably would have never noticed it. But she insisted we buy it because she misses our old 59 El Camino.

Rowdy, she works right with me in the shop helping out with disassembly, parts hunting and cataloging parts. She has never been afraid to get greasy or dirty since we were kids. Guess that's why we've been together since we were 14.

Personally, I go and find another '59

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I had to google what a 57 ranchero looked like... that's a cool looking ute/car. Hope you can make room for one more. 

I told her we should pass,  no pictures allowed, no paper work, no keys, ton of serious rust, no answers to questions and a seller who told us it was $6500 non negotiable and walked away.  Better off giving the money to a bum.

It's on Grey Road /202 1 mile in from rt 25/ Main street Gorham , Maine. For sale sign on curb and car hidden in garage.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I told her we should pass,  no pictures allowed, no paper work, no keys, ton of serious rust, no answers to questions and a seller who told us it was $6500 non negotiable and walked away.  Better off giving the money to a bum.

It's on Grey Road /202 1 mile in from rt 25/ Main street Gorham , Maine. For sale sign on curb and car hidden in garage.

Your problem solved

My address is...................

Geez!  we  just invested all your money in Chinaman Hole Covers . . .

10mm-silicone-rubber-umbrella-check-valve-din.thumb.jpg.3f0529601316da319b3a2336700e43c1.jpg

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

:lol:   LOL!!!

I'm really needing some cash to get my next great idea to market........

o-BABY-POOP-ALARM-facebook.jpg

Make it adult size  it'll sell better.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE