on a roll now

Nice! Is that one of the Tri Lite CVA  Back Up Bell caps on it?  My mixer had one and somebody put it on the wrong side and it ding donged pulling it forward.    Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

31 minutes ago, Willie dog said:

After determining the self-made wheel fitment problem, I was able to mount the wheels and tires.

I sandblasted them, primed and painted them.

Using a floor jack to help raise them to the height of the axle they almost jumped right on with no assistance from me. However, I think I'm going to have to get new wedges for the right side, they're almost bottomed out against the spokes.

They trued up nice and were pretty close "right out of the box".

20161215_210606-1.jpg

check your spacer width they should be full 4 inches

• Like 2

Yeah you need to check your spacer if the wedge is out of travel 

People these days have a habit of over tightening them and crushing the spacer when they use rattle guns they dont need to be done up real tight I do them fairly snug by hand with a wheel brace and check them again in half a hour or so 

The wedges sort of hold the rim on like a morse taper drill bit 

Paul

The rims fit!

Good catch on the clamps/wedges/lugs.  The spacer should be the same width side to side and all the lugs should be the same on both sides as well.  There should be cast numbers on the wedges to see what you have. 

Here is some numbers if you get in a bind.  Check page 4-44 thru 4-51.

http://truckhub.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Euclid100DWheelAttachingPartsX-Ref.96161249.pdf

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

3 hours ago, j hancock said:

The rims fit!

Good catch on the clamps/wedges/lugs.  The spacer should be the same width side to side and all the lugs should be the same on both sides as well.  There should be cast numbers on the wedges to see what you have. 

Here is some numbers if you get in a bind.  Check page 4-44 thru 4-51.

http://truckhub.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Euclid100DWheelAttachingPartsX-Ref.96161249.pdf

Thx Jim-Good document

1 hour ago, Swishy said:

Sorry guys the words th@ went with the rong pic twas

eyemakeupeo0.jpg

"Believe me girls............... eye makeup aint th@ important"

Now back on topic .....masking up the doughnut

we use a tubed tyred rustband = aint perfect but good enuff for us

cya

§wishy

img2047zd.jpg

WOW!!

always used 12"roll flashing; buy big enough roll can do any size rims

21 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Nice! Is that one of the Tri Lite CVA  Back Up Bell caps on it?  My mixer had one and somebody put it on the wrong side and it ding donged pulling it forward.    Paul

It"s a PRECO ding ding alarm from Boise Idaho. I want to keep this truck as close as possible to the way it was in 1958 except for the color scheme on the outside.

• Like 1