Look what I saw today

Mike,

You need to snag this one.  Not sure if it was originally a UPS truck (no roof faring and MACK on the grille).  I read in an article about the 4WD MH, the configuration was available for production.  Do you have a VIN?  The museum would be able to identify the original purchaser.  Would be interesting to know how many were built.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

What a beautiful looking horse! Would make a nice "hobby truck"  I'd love to have an old UPS Diamond T or reo single axle Cabover,but they seem to have "dropped off the earth" For many years it seemed that every old Cabover in America was going into Mexico.they cut the frame in half with a torch and stack them on another truck or drop deck.(this avoids the tariff you pay to export a truck) Its no longer a truck,it's truck components! Then at the destination in Mexico or central America,you weld it back together and it's a truck again.Those folks have no problem with driving a damn Cabover!

8 hours ago, hurstscrambler said:

What would this truck have for a transmission?  Andy

Powertrain is EM6-300 with TRDL1070 (with 1, 2, 3, and 4 OD gears blocked out).  Transfer case is Mack TCS-15 (modified TC-15).  Front axle FABCO SDA-16 4.61.

I posted the article in WiKi that was published in December 1986 issue of Fleet Owner.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Farmer 52, if you're from Canton you know where Louisville Oh. Is. I was delivering a load of new Ford's at the dealer there in 74, and a young Amishman kept driving by in his buggy.After I got about 3 units off I realized he was checking out the shiny new Ford's !! Didn't have any flat black ones however! Lol

• Like 1

And Now

Something Completely different

file0001.jpg

file0002.jpg

file0003.jpg

Thanx to Hanks Truck Pictures & Ray J McNae Album

Standing in growing spring grass Hometown PA route 61 a rare MH Ultra liner once hauled for Goods Furniture out of New Holland Park Pa. Pretty much stock E6 and nine speed Mack till you get back down the frame and this truck has been modified with a 9" drop frame allowing a full height cubic National van. Stock Rockwell 44 k rears must hold some pretty high gears with fifteen inch wheel that just slip over the brake drums.

Cya

§wishy

• Like 1

Swishy

We had several companies in the States running similar (mostly Freightliner)  equipment hauling auto parts. There was a fairly long topic on these on one of the forums about 2-3 years ago under the Heading of: Stoops Freightliners.

• Like 1

Brocky

The second I saw that drop frame mack I thought of the Stoops trucks.Stoops owned,and probably still does a Freightliner and also a Ford truck dealership in Kansas city.I don't know which one.They also had a trucking Company.They were running those Ford(9000 series I think) air ride cab,Cabover.The ones that on a curve looked like they were gonna turn over!! They pulled 53ft high cube flat floor Vans.They hauled empty containers.I forget for who.They had standard full screws,theMack has a Canadian spread.The Stoops drop frame and rear driveline unbolted from the cab and front frame. It appears the Mack frame is welded.I was driving an Mh like the one pictured,only a single axle. With a 50 ft drop deck "big shot" when Stoops express was  in business. I thought what a great hotshot Cabover those would make if you pulled the front drive and made it a single axle.Think what you could load on a53ft flat floor with a 10 ft spread! There was an article in one of the trucking publications about them.They were running double od.trannys,10spds I think.Great pics!