Not sure if this RW Sleeper install is Sacreligious or Brilliant

The steering wheel on the wrong  right side so it's from down under, might be MACK OZ sleeper?  But it does look like a Western Star sleeper some what.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

39 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

The steering wheel on the wrong  right side so it's from down under, might be MACK OZ sleeper?  But it does look like a Western Star sleeper some what.

It's a Mack (able body) sleeper for sure. That series of sleeper was never available in Aus.  Being a first version Millenium sleeper with a V cut out it would have only been available on CH/CL with the older pre 1998 interior. 

I've got the newer versions of the same sleeper on my CX, CXU's etc with the full front wall cutout. 

I actually don't mind those sleepers on our Mack's. 

Edited by bbigrig

You know I looks at the Aero Flare on the cab roof and didn't register.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Paul, I actually enjoy operating right-hand drive trucks.

Perhaps BC Mack and our members from Oz can weigh in on the benefits of right-hand drive.

KSC

the only time I've heard it was an advantage to have a right hand drive truck was travelling in Switzerland or Italy, up in the Alps, so you could lean out the window and see how close you were to falling off the mountain... very few guard rails and very narrow roads in the old days.. Fiat actually produced some for their local market for this reason !!!

In Turkey it was an advantage if you had a head on with a Tonka, more chance of survival.

I've driven rhd buses here in Vancouver, you need to keep your wits about you..

other than that... it's just a mirror image of what every American drives.

BC Mack

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Paul, I actually enjoy operating right-hand drive trucks.

Perhaps BC Mack and our members from Oz can weigh in on the benefits of right-hand drive.

We had a RHD 1953 MG and a 1962 Damiler SP250. We enjoyed them and the RHD wasn't difficult to get used to.

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 minute ago, 41chevy said:

We had a RHD 1953 MG and a 1962 Damiler SP250. We enjoyed them and the RHD wasn't difficult to get used to.

You're right Paul. But you need to drive on the left side of the road to really appreciate it. South Africa and NZ, with their spectacular scenery, are great RHD countries to motor in. 

The Damiler being RHD did have an advantage at Bridgehampton and Limerock. 

P.T.CHESHIRE

Superdog is right, that's not an Aussie truck. 

At first glance I thought it was a freightliner bunk. But after cleaning my spat out coffee off the screen I agree it looks like an able body mack bunk. 

It looks like a quality job was done installing it. Just hope they didn't butcher a good cab. 

• Like 1

The big benefit of RHD is your always in the right LOL sorry 

Yeah 100% sure that isnt in Australia  first reason is we dont bling trucks up like that out here and the other reason is Super Dog has seen it over there 

Some one has done a good job on the sleeper and theres no air cleaners outside the bonnet 

Paul

• 2 weeks later...