going to buy a new driver's seat

What seat would you guys suggest?  I have a 98 CH and I need a new seat.

I was looking at a Bose but a bit heavy and a lot of electronics.  I do dump so my cab is always dirty and dusty and im not crazy about the electronic stuff in the seat.

I'm looking for cloth with lumber support, high back and maybe whatever else they may offer these days. 

Do I stick with a bostrom?  What else is out there

Thanks

I have a Bostrom wide ride II, it's a nice seat, but the air fittings were leaking a bit, that was a pain to get in and fix. Also I have leather, and I wish the leather was a bit heavier. I feel like it's gonna wear out and start getting holes any minute. For the money I feel it could be alittle better quality.  Also it is a very large seat to fit in an r model  cab. 

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, j hancock said:

Hmmmm......better buy two so they match. WoW

Well, if I hadn't just dropped $23K on a new motor and wasn't about to drop another $3K on tires, then the truck as a whole would have most of it's value tied up in the seats! Right now, I'm riding around on the mid-back/fixed-back non-air-ride jump seat from the passenger side, on an adapter plate I welded together out of some steel I had laying around, to mount it on the air-ride base from the Talladega 915 seat that broke. Basically it's 1 step above a milk crate and a pillow...so yes, a nice comfy seat is something I'd REALLY like to get...maybe then I wouldn't feel so damn old all of the time.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

1 hour ago, RedBullDog said:

Wow, no mine's the slightly cheaper "working white boy" model :) 

The Eagle one looks similar to mine.

I was looking at the "Power Chief"...

Perforated center panel...tan inside, brown outside, with dark brown accent stitching...

No headrest, but dual arm rests...

Add the vibrators in the back and cushion for a relaxing massage on those rough days...

Heat & cool, 'cuz let's face it, in a truck with no AC, a cool seat would make the ride a little less sticky...

Doesn't need a compressor or a swivel, and keep the controls on the left...

Grand total?  $3554.00...plus $249 shipping.

Must be one hell of a seat, and perhaps if I ever win the lottery I can afford it.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

There are Isrii dealers all over the States and they are OEM in Freightliner and most interstate buses. My B mixer has  one of the older Viking T bars in it. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 3/19/2016 at 10:58 AM, Hook n ladder 1 said:

What seat would you guys suggest?  I have a 98 CH and I need a new seat.

I was looking at a Bose but a bit heavy and a lot of electronics.  I do dump so my cab is always dirty and dusty and im not crazy about the electronic stuff in the seat.

I'm looking for cloth with lumber support, high back and maybe whatever else they may offer these days. 

Do I stick with a bostrom?  What else is out there

Thanks

Bostrom and National, now brands owned by CVG, have become cheap. Bose is okay, but over priced.

In my humble opinion, the best seats are either American faimly-owned Sears, or Germany-owned Grammer known as Gramag in the states (now seen in Paccar trucks).

http://www.searsseating.com/product-category/truck-seats/

http://www.gramag.com/products.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/23/2016 at 10:07 PM, Maddog13407 said:

and I remember when a Viking t bar was an 'upgrade' in a B model. maybe easily fitted but gotta be one of the most uncomfy pieces ever created for anyone over 150lbs....

been spending 10hrs a day on an  old T-bar for long enough now.  What will fit in the same space and is better option?  Mines in the brockway but would also like to know for the B61.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 6/2/2016 at 8:57 PM, Ezrider said:

i have a legacy silver seat in leather very comfy seat, reasonably priced. 

Only issue with those is the Thigh support height adjustment also moves the seat cushion forward so if your cab is narrow( dash to backwall) like my 05 granite you end up with knees in the dash or the seat against the back wall.......it also limits how high you can set it without pulling you back away from the seatback 

On 4/23/2016 at 9:12 PM, RowdyRebel said:

Holy CRAP! Just looked them up & spec'd one I'd love to install in my truck...only $3600 + shipping.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!!!!   i didnt even pay that for entire truck....bob

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

didnt realize...this post was so old...

It's  not "so old" = it's called past dated . be careful how using the phrase :: so old. LOL

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, mowerman said:

GEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS!!!!!!!!!   i didnt even pay that for entire truck....bob

I looked at getting a couple of nice seats for the truck but the ended dearer than that and I couldn't justify the cost, I'm to bigger to tight ass for that

Paul