B-73 Restoration

On 6/30/2022 at 3:43 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

Did you coat the inside of the tank to stop any oil seeping thru, I find these tanks are always wet and dusty unless this done

I have never done it myself, tanks I have that are coated are always nice and clean and those that arent are always dirty

Paul 

ive noticed this many times....just assumed it was caused by everyone spilling the shit,,,while trying to add...bob

Edited by mowerman
misspelled

27 minutes ago, 1961H67 said:

Stack and support looks great,, the original stack on this LJ was bolted to the cab, I have a couple of parts Superliners with mounts similar to the one you used. Not sure which way I’ll mount it,, yours looks dang good ! 

Thanks. I wanted to isolate the stack to prevent any resonance to the cab. I’ve seen some attempts to do the same, but didn’t like how they came out. I think this came out pretty good. The stack has an insert muffler in it, so it should quiet things a little more, but should still have that great Cummins sound.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

It runs good, very clean idle, even when cold. I’ll see how it is once I get it on the road.

have you mentally got  a road ready date ?  definitely waiting for the first appearance at local truck show. 

• Like 1

Sounds awesome!  

I put turnouts on my truck because I got really tired of the slobbery drool out of the pipes on start up.  With the wind from the back it would drizzle down the doors or windshield!  Ugh.  I love old motors but are they messy!

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

9 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

have you mentally got  a road ready date ?  definitely waiting for the first appearance at local truck show. 

Not really. I’m thinking late summer for having it drivable and into the fall to set the body in it and get that working and a new wood deck on it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

Not really. I’m thinking late summer for having it drivable and into the fall to set the body in it and get that working and a new wood deck on it.

Matt...You won't need a body to get it to Lancaster Aug 27,28. And everyone would love to  see that "Louisville" frame and the rest of the chassis detail😎

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Matt...You won't need a body to get it to Lancaster Aug 27,28. And everyone would love to  see that "Louisville" frame and the rest of the chassis detail😎

I was trying to get to Lancaster, as it’s one of my favorite shows, but my employer has his annual charity fundraiser that weekend. I’m still going to try, but not sure if it’ll work.

48 minutes ago, mattb73lt said:

I was trying to get to Lancaster, as it’s one of my favorite shows, but my employer has his annual charity fundraiser that weekend. I’m still going to try, but not sure if it’ll work.

How about Winchester, VA in late Sept or Gerhart's?