B-73 Restoration

On 7/27/2022 at 6:36 AM, mattb73lt said:

No not offhand. I have a friend who details cars and aircraft for a living and he has some stuff for aluminum he swears by. He’s promised to get me some of what he uses, but I haven’t received anything yet.

Please let me know if you receive it.

• Like 1

that's what is called a work of art. no plastic tyraps holding lines etc. all the proper rubber insulated clamps. i'm sure you don't want to sit and total the $$$$$ or man hours when done; but driving down the road or sitting at a show makes it all worth while. 

• Like 2

My Kenworth has all kinds of wire ties underneath I am kind of amazed that this is OK with  everyone  Ha ha I guess it’s OK with the scales because somebody brought it up through Truckee last week and got an inspection sticker that would’ve been funny if the guy told him I can’t give you a sticker with all those wire ties under there ….. bob

• Haha 1

That’s a great idea, It’s originally almost flat when you push the pedal all the way down, My ankle won’t bend that much, lol ! I know what you mean about melting,, I get in about 5 after Trucking all day and try to work on mine a little, about 30 minutes of heat is all I can stand.  We are making good progress in the last year, Thanks again for the motivation! 

• Like 1

I couldn’t figure out what Matt was talking about until you just explain foot position I have never driven one glad you got it figured out yes it has been very hot everywhere I don’t mind the heat but it does slow me down I would certainly rather have heat then freeze to death I am enjoying it while it’s here nice job mate let’s keep it up almost there all the time I thought it was a twin drive … bob

yes i was just trying to buff out the hood on my pickup,and the entire thing blew up in my face the compound was drying the second i started,,,,,now it looks worse than it was since its all stuck on now...didnt realize it was so hot...bob