B-73 Restoration

14 minutes ago, mattb73lt said:

24 years ago this weekend I found this truck in Litchfield, CT. Dragged it home and dropped it in front of my barn at the house I bought about a year and a half beforehand. Lots of things have transpired since that time, but one of the good things is seeing this truck, nearing completion, sitting in the same exact spot.

6009C9A1-A714-4D45-949D-F514CA8E1002.jpeg

220D0D06-88F3-4AB7-A2FF-1A7F3237729A.jpeg

Looks great- and I like the painted headlight buckets!-as well as the new roof on barn!

Will miss you this weekend. About 25 trucks there already as of this afternoon-including Brian T's new RD 800 with huge planetary axles-looks like its about 9'wide!

50 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Looks great- and I like the painted headlight buckets!-as well as the new roof on barn!

Will miss you this weekend. About 25 trucks there already as of this afternoon-including Brian T's new RD 800 with huge planetary axles-looks like its about 9'wide!

WHERE IS there this week-end ??? truck show CT area. going for cordo shot right knee friday; i  hopefully can walk around 25 p[us trucks 😁😂

2 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

WHERE IS there this week-end ??? truck show CT area. going for cordo shot right knee friday; i  hopefully can walk around 25 p[us trucks 😁😂

It’s the Dreamride event in Farmington at the Polo Grounds. My employer’s huge annual fund raiser for the CT Special Olympics. The main Dreamride is on Saturday, but the whole thing runs Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Big car show on Sunday. I’m helping move some vintage State Police cruisers up there Friday. I’ll be driving a ‘41 Ford cruiser Saturday. The show Bob was speaking of is up in Lancaster, Ma. The Bay State Chapter’s 20th anniversary show, Saturday and Sunday.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mattb73lt said:

Helped move six vintage cruisers this morning over to the Farmington Polo Grounds. THere's a group coming from Australia, too! Mostly a car event, giving rides to the special olympians and their families. Lots of smiles will be had and a lot of funds, too.

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

Nice Matt and sounds like a worthwhile charity!  I remember 1961-I was a senior in high school-ugh.   CSP had I do believe  plain jane two door Galaxies with solid lifter 390's-black of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Nice Matt and sounds like a worthwhile charity!  I remember 1961-I was a senior in high school-ugh.   CSP had I do believe  plain jane two door Galaxies with solid lifter 390's-black of course.

Solid lifter 390s ?  2 door Galaxies ?   That's quite a rocket , love to have one of those now (like when it was new)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tjc transport said:

NJ State Police had at least 2 66 galaxie 500 2 door hardtop "interceptors" with 428 4close ratio 4 speed and 3.25 geared 9 3/8 rear ends. 

basically 7 litre cars with the 7 litre package delete. a friend has two of them in a secure garage in Newark NJ. he bought both when they were retired, and restored them with everything but working two way radios. they have CB's in them instead.

Nice See if you can grab some pix.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark T said:

Solid lifter 390s ?  2 door Galaxies ?   That's quite a rocket , love to have one of those now (like when it was new)

I think they were 330 horse.  the hyd lifter 390 was 300.  I remember the local paper did a feature on the new "State Police Interceptors".   Can you imagine a newspaper publishing such a story today?

• Haha 1

today's law enforcement vehicles are titled " robo cop cars. I can remember  the ford galaxies. I was a caretaker for a few homes in town even then they were broken into, so i used what was called a house phone (sorry youngsters ). point is watching the fords pull in the driveways. beside the car when the door opened out steps this Trooper at least 6ft tall or more( there were height restriction then) and proceeded to put on this tall hat making him look 7 ft tall. remember when the large single blue strobe lights were installed! that was technology back then

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Red Horse said:

I think they were 330 horse.  the hyd lifter 390 was 300.  I remember the local paper did a feature on the new "State Police Interceptors".   Can you imagine a newspaper publishing such a story today?

I know they would have been in the HP would have been over 300 but they were pretty impressive in the torque area . Those cars had to weigh over 4000 pounds too. Cool stuff.   and yes..... law enforcement used to look like Matt Dillon 

• Like 2

amazing progress matt....thanks for all your updates.....had mine 28 years now,,,hardly looks any differant....funny thing,,,you posted that video shifting those 2 sticks....most of us were pissing ourselves,,,,and im sure these days,most of these young kids are glad thier all automatics now,,,    i got my licence on a 2 stick U model...not many people can say that now......bob

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:32 PM, mattb73lt said:

It’s the Dreamride event in Farmington at the Polo Grounds. My employer’s huge annual fund raiser for the CT Special Olympics. The main Dreamride is on Saturday, but the whole thing runs Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Big car show on Sunday. I’m helping move some vintage State Police cruisers up there Friday. I’ll be driving a ‘41 Ford cruiser Saturday. The show Bob was speaking of is up in Lancaster, Ma. The Bay State Chapter’s 20th anniversary show, Saturday and Sunday.

when i lived back there,i used to do business with bob dufours auto wrecking,there in lancaster...he had a B model wrecker back then.....im sure some of you fellas remember him,,,,,that was 45 years ago...bob