B-73 Restoration

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, mattb73lt said:

I'm still smiling a day later because I actually drove the truck that's been sitting around here for 24 years!!!

Good Job, You'd be as happy as a Dog with two Di......  er....Tails...:SMOKIE-RT:

• Haha 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Isn't it funny you restored that entire truck and the hardest and most frustrating part its the trip to the dmv lol you should know by now goverment employees will make up there own rules for things . The truck looks great getting it road legal is such a great milestone !!

• Like 2

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

Excellent bud thanks for sharing you didn’t mention anything about squeaks the rattles so yes I think you’re in like flint all that work certainly paid off … as far as DMV we have a same thing here they just built a brand new huge facility people tell me they still have to wait in line for hours just to get to a teller I haven’t been down there in a long time my vehicles are of late models and I just send the registration through the Internet anyway great job bud Have a ball … bob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mowerman said:

Excellent bud thanks for sharing you didn’t mention anything about squeaks the rattles so yes I think you’re in like flint all that work certainly paid off … as far as DMV we have a same thing here they just built a brand new huge facility people tell me they still have to wait in line for hours just to get to a teller I haven’t been down there in a long time my vehicles are of late models and I just send the registration through the Internet anyway great job bud Have a ball … bob

I couldn't hear any yet, it was too loud. I only had some towels covering the floor, carpet is coming.

Years ago I had a 48 Plymouth I got from my one owner 75,000 miles car was quiet as a mouse except for one little rattle somewhere in the back I never did get to find it sold the car shortly after I  bought it because I was moving west had to  unload everything I didn’t need But that one little noise was driving me crazy immediately ha ha

2 minutes ago, mattb73lt said:

Trying to make it up to a club seasonal party at Matt Pfahl's on 10/23 for it's public debut.

Well you certainly have some Stiff competition there for the gang I don’t think they’ll find much wrong with it ha ha I wish I lived closer I would meet you there…. Bob

On 10/15/2022 at 12:13 PM, mattb73lt said:

Trying to make it up to a club seasonal party at Matt Pfahl's on 10/23 for it's public debut.

Does a person have to be a registered member of the club to attend the seasonal party ? waiting to see the B-73 /also haven't seen Matt Pfahl in along time.have been around the corner working in shop , 

2 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

Does a person have to be a registered member of the club to attend the seasonal party ? waiting to see the B-73 /also haven't seen Matt Pfahl in along time.have been around the corner working in shop , 

I’m not sure. But, the B73 isn’t going, now. I’ve got an issue with the engine and I’m worried it is a big one. I haven’t had time to investigate, hopefully later this week. More to follow and an engine pull may be looming. CRAP!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

checking the pictures of the bed;;  couple questions == 1- is the head board staying as is?: 2- side rails in future:3- piece on bed combo ICC bar and hinged tilt assy?. thought earlier text said you were making a tilting bed? 

Yes, it’s another roll back. Headboard will remain and be repaired. That I’d the tilt device on the bed. It pins to the rear frame work.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

I’m not sure. But, the B73 isn’t going, now. I’ve got an issue with the engine and I’m worried it is a big one. I haven’t had time to investigate, hopefully later this week. More to follow and an engine pull may be looming. CRAP!

OH NO , we can't have that now . I can miss santa claus this year BUT NOT  the un veiling of the B-73

On 10/17/2022 at 10:52 AM, mattb73lt said:

If you need to talk to someone about the Cummins, Dave Crump of Crump Diesel in the Albany NY area would be the one....

5 hours ago, dockmen027 said:

If you need to talk to someone about the Cummins, Dave Crump of Crump Diesel in the Albany NY area would be the one....

Ok, thank you!! Hopefully tomorrow I can drain it down and drop the pan. I was going over in my head what happened and first I’m not thinking it wasn’t a head gasket. The dipstick is way over full and hasn’t settled out yet. It never overheated on the gauge and I’m leaning towards maybe a liner let go and put antifreeze into the pan. It wasn’t skipping and hit on all six. My big concern is the clattering in the engine and a sudden drop of about 10+ psi in oil pressure. I may have spun a bearing before I could get it stopped. I’m worried about damage to the crank, if that’s the case.

And it was running so good. We’ll see what comes as I dig into it.

• Sad 2