B-73 Restoration

Going to be a really nice unit all done up. I like those cabs better than the B cab Course my size probably has a bit to do with it. . .

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I can picture that with a 60 in. sleeper 24 ft alum bed rollback- alum budd whls- 3rd lift axle a 3406 cat shoe horned in front 13 spdov. fuller with 3.36gears in back painted gold powder black alum all polished- on full air ride -with a rolling conestoga cover hauling a 1934-5 rolls around the country to the shows

• Like 1

Before you put a 3406 in it stay with a Cummins and go with a N14 mechanical. That kicks a 3406 a$$ any day and better millage. Nice find. Hats off to you for taking the time to hunt down the original owner. That's what this hobby is all about!!

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

Thanks for sharing a great story (two great stories actually!). Good luck, hope to see it someday! Yeah, I learned on an R and love me' but I had to get a B with the big radiator and an L cab too (Mack museum calls it the "California cab").

Great story! Nice work on the chassis and engine. Oh and nice "Henry" too. 1926 or 27 ? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Really great stories. I'd love to find out anything about my truck but the trail from Mack is as dry as it gets. I can't locate any reference to the original company that ordered it or the company that bought it as the original order was cancelled. Anyway, it's a good find and a great story. Do yourself a favor and print out all the information and make sure it stays with the truck. Did you get a picture with the guy I hope? Well document what you have anyway as stuff has a way of fading into the past and getting lost forever.

Thanks for the story and the pictures. Looks like a bunch of good times.

• Like 2