B-73 Restoration

41 minutes ago, Mark T said:

Too bad there isn't some way to fill something like a feed bag or something with sand to put underneath and form into the shape of the hoods to help hold them while you sand.

I did roll up some shop towels to put between the skin and bracing to give it some support, while holding the front and back edges as I worked those areas. Seemed to help.

• Like 1

my god,,,,,from the photos,they look absolutely flawless......nice work bud,,,,but then again ,those two panels will be in your direct sight most of the time driving you crazy with any thing you miss..water hose baby,can be your best friend at this point    haha..bob

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 9:04 AM, mowerman said:

my god,,,,,from the photos,they look absolutely flawless......nice work bud,,,,but then again ,those two panels will be in your direct sight most of the time driving you crazy with any thing you miss..water hose baby,can be your best friend at this point    haha..bob

You're right about looking at the hood. On my green truck, every time I drive it, I see a few areas i should of put a little more effort in. But I'm the only one who ever notices them.

• Like 2

They look Great! It looked like the weather was perfect also! ( by the way we got home from our Maine trip,, weather was amazing all week! , Great trip ,, I got asked a dozen times were I was from, couldn’t hide the Carolina accent I guess, lol . I met a lot of good people! Loved it.) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1