1977 Mack R600 Restored

scottwetzel

As stated I know someone who is have a Auction and one of the Items is a 1977 Mack R600 27000 miles Mack 300 5 Speed, Truck is fully restored but has been converted to a Single axle on Pete Air ride with Custom Eby Body w Gooseneck Hitch. I have sat in this truck and started it. It is a great truck and sounds great too. I took these Pictures this past weekend. The Auction Info is attached as well. Thought Id pass on the info to some real Mack Truck Collectors.

post-15877-0-76220400-1436228825_thumb.j

post-15877-0-72398000-1436228843_thumb.j

post-15877-0-15964800-1436229374_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I agree a restored truck will almost always cost more to do than it will to buy it, but I'm not so sure that was true in this case. It was advertised as having around 27K miles, but it had been re-powered with no indication of what the engine miles were. While the truck was very clean and unique it is not rare by any definition. I just don't see the justification for the price. And frankly my 3500HD rides a hell of lot better, seats five, and gets a lot better mileage than this truck ever will at a price of around $60K brand new.

I am very happy for the seller, but I certainly would not be willing to pay that kind of price for an R model.

He was bidding against a phone bidder. I stood next to the auction employee who was doing the phone bid and I'm certain it was legitimate.

The TD-6 sold for around $6000.00 if I remember correctly.

I have a similar truck . It's a restored 1963 B model with a aluminum body, if the man from New Jersey wants to spend another 50k please call 561-309-4009 for pictures !!!!!!!!!

The buyer was from New Jersey. Maybe you should have advertised the B model sooner. He also bought the goose neck trailer.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The truck looked nice but $50K sounds unbelivable.

Hope the story is true although I wouldn't mind anything like that ever happen with myself. I mean when I sell.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Getting close to that "new" R model that was for sale a few years back. Didn't they want $80K for it? Basically zero miles on it. Don't recall what ever happened to it?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

geee tough crowd I was obviously bought up a lot different than most you lot I was always taught if I have nothing nice to say shut up

V8 Bulldog you missed it by that much what was meant to be was meant to be looks like a pretty flash jigger to me I wouldnt worry to much about what this crowd says I feel if most of them had the money to spare they would have bid that hard as well :whistling:

Hey V8 I wonder if you had of ended up with it and whacked a picture of you and your new to you ride up with a smile from ear to ear would the comments have been the same ???

Anyway all is not lost fullfuel01 reckons he is gunna build you one for that price :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Paul

• Like 2

geee tough crowd I was obviously bought up a lot different than most you lot I was always taught if I have nothing nice to say shut up

V8 Bulldog you missed it by that much what was meant to be was meant to be looks like a pretty flash jigger to me I wouldnt worry to much about what this crowd says I feel if most of them had the money to spare they would have bid that hard as well :whistling:

Hey V8 I wonder if you had of ended up with it and whacked a picture of you and your new to you ride up with a smile from ear to ear would the comments have been the same ???

Anyway all is not lost fullfuel01 reckons he is gunna build you one for that price :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Paul

Paul.....very well spoken....you put that out there nicely...maybe I will start adding that vegemite to my diet!! rusty

• Like 2