Bad day yesterday

Superdog

Not fun for sure but good to see all was ok in the end. That could have been a REALLY bad day. Love the wrecker. I'm a firm believer in bringing the right tool to the job. Nothing like the right stuff and the experience to get the job done right! Good call.

May the rest of your year be safe, profitable and happy...

Greg

I did the same thing with a load of cows. When it stooped sliding I said PHEW!! But it was short lived because the cows kept moving which caused the truck and trailer to slide more. That was when I got really nervous

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

I had a similar situation before Christmas with my car hauler. Narrow road about 20' of hardtop I moved right as far as possible to let another truck pass. Just slick enough and crowned enough the trailer slid sideways. Not a good feeling. A good recovery crew can keep a bad scene from getting worse. Shout out to Underwood's towing in Warren,OH for a job well done. Pulled a loaded transporter back up on the road no damage to truck or load.

post-2694-142556429179_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

All in all, you did a good job considering what COULD have happened. Just out of curiosity, what did the bill come to? I look at these guys in this neck of the woods with these triaxle hydraulic "rotators" ($500,000 investment?) and the days of a guy showing up with a Holmes 750 on a single axle and a surplus WW II tank retriever are gone.

Then again a tribute to what these old boys could do-nothing like "rigging know how!" You New England guys know what I mean- Red-Art, Plunske, Joe's, Harold's etc etc.

Kudos to you and Underdog for keeping a bad situation from getting worse. It's a very unsettling experience being "along for the ride" but for the 2 of you to manage to not only keep it upright but to keep the vehicle and freight from being damaged speaks volumes for your experience.

Jim