2014 Midwest Old Threshers Show,Mt. Pleasant,IA.

We have our Wellington show, always a good time. Has everything covered and our NEO chaper of ATHS is a big part of it. I'm usually out of town racing, so haven't made it in a few years.

It's been a rough summer, I haven't made anything for shows. NO demo derbys, no truck pulls, nadda.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Thanks for posting the pictures Mike. Last show out near you I went to was Wallcot Jamborie about 6 or so years ago. Great pictures! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Many thanks for sharing with us, lots of interesting stuff.

Those tracktors look nicely restored and great in number.

One point - what is that bronze-colored beast with IH cab and a long nose?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Mike: nice show! looks like one I would enjoy, will have to add to the bucket list. judging by the number of things you had there it must be close foe you. looks like the rollback was just the ticket.

Yes,lucky for me it's only 25 miles from home,probably haven't missed but about 10 in my 47 years,been showing trucks there for about 25 years or so.

• Like 1

Many thanks for sharing with us, lots of interesting stuff.

Those tracktors look nicely restored and great in number.

One point - what is that bronze-colored beast with IH cab and a long nose?

Vlad,that is a 1953 IH LD405 "Westcoaster". It belongs to our SE IA ATHS chapter president Dick Boyd. There was a nice write up on Dick and his truck in Wheels of Time recently. He actually still runs it on the road spring thru fall,pulling a flatbed and runs all over the US. It's been repowered with a Big Cam Cummins,and he put newer IH airride rears under it when he stretched it from a single axle. I'm not sure what trans. he has in at this time,as it's been thru several,he started with the original 4x3,then replaced the 4 with a 5 speed,then the 3 speed shucked out,so he put in a 2 stick 4x4 married box.It didn't last long,so he put in a 9 speed and later added the back box from a 13,but it started giving trouble too,so I think he's back to a 9 speed now.