I can't wait to get the rollback home,been without for going on 3 years now,thats pretty rough when you are used to having one.I've been looking but seems like they were always too high priced,too far away or they needed too much work.This one was close to home,just needs some tires,and was way within my budget,and the biggest plus of all,it's a Mack.My old one hauled alot of old trucks in,alot of scrap,plus did quite a bit of custom hauling with it,tractors,machinery,small buildings,all kinda stuff,they are so handy. I made the mistake of leaving it at my south farm unattended for a week,came back and it had been trashed,all the glass and lights busted out,radiator and battery stolen,chain cut off end of winch cable. Was always going to swap the bed onto another truck,but time never allowed,then next thing I knew,the whole damn thing came up missing.Not one dime of insurance on it either,my screw up there,just had liability.

Mikey got home with the V8 Superliner,we checked it all over,put in batteries and got it to start,but it wound up to about 2500 and wouldn't shut down,we got it shut down within a couple minutes,messed with it some ore,now it won;t fire. It will hit on a minute snort of starting fluid,but dies right away. Something in the pump I guess.

post-61-0-71137200-1407024192_thumb.jpg

Love that 80 R..!! Looks like a 350 with the tip turbine charge air cooler. Love, love, love that setup..! The best pullin' 350 I ever drove was one of these. (It was an 80 R model I bought new and was stolen from me in '88) thanks for the pics...!!

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"

I can't wait to get the rollback home,been without for going on 3 years now,thats pretty rough when you are used to having one.I've been looking but seems like they were always too high priced,too far away or they needed too much work.This one was close to home,just needs some tires,and was way within my budget,and the biggest plus of all,it's a Mack.My old one hauled alot of old trucks in,alot of scrap,plus did quite a bit of custom hauling with it,tractors,machinery,small buildings,all kinda stuff,they are so handy. I made the mistake of leaving it at my south farm unattended for a week,came back and it had been trashed,all the glass and lights busted out,radiator and battery stolen,chain cut off end of winch cable. Was always going to swap the bed onto another truck,but time never allowed,then next thing I knew,the whole damn thing came up missing.Not one dime of insurance on it either,my screw up there,just had liability.

Mikey got home with the V8 Superliner,we checked it all over,put in batteries and got it to start,but it wound up to about 2500 and wouldn't shut down,we got it shut down within a couple minutes,messed with it some ore,now it won;t fire. It will hit on a minute snort of starting fluid,but dies right away. Something in the pump I guess.

attachicon.gif10014539_10152577324199235_9182868459957960515_n.jpg

Mike,

My one buddy did that once. It didn't hurt the engine but it trashed the pump. My brother and I took the side cover off the pump and lots of pieces fell on the work bunch. Did you and Mikey check the rack to see if it was stuck? It will be a neat little Superliner when you get it going. Are you going to to leave it a single axle? Does it have the red diamond tuck interior like mine?

Thanks, Josh

Mike,

My one buddy did that once. It didn't hurt the engine but it trashed the pump. My brother and I took the side cover off the pump and lots of pieces fell on the work bunch. Did you and Mikey check the rack to see if it was stuck? It will be a neat little Superliner when you get it going. Are you going to to leave it a single axle? Does it have the red diamond tuck interior like mine?

Thanks, Josh

Probably my fault,but we didn't check the rack before firing it up. I've never had a Mack pump stuck on me in 35 years of bringing these old dogs back to life,guess there's always a 1st time for everything. We bought this for parts,the engine and trans is going into my son's '88 . It had a E9 with a spun bearing when we got it,and a 9 speed.

post-61-0-80495200-1407163928.jpg

The cab is going on my blue '82,the cab on it is a rust bucket,this one is pretty nice,it's got the blue diamond tucked interior and is in pretty decent shape.

post-61-0-53842700-1407164081_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine wants the rear end for his '80 Superliner dump truck,the rest will hang around till it's needed.

• Like 2

Superdog I'm looking for a visor for my superliner would you possibly have one you'd part with

No I don't,sorry. I'm short a half dozen myself. If you woulda told me 10 years ago Lund visors for R cabs would be hard to find,I woulda laughed my ass off,but they sure have become a hot item. I asked about one at a yard a few months ago,and was told that I was the 10th guy that asked about it,but they weren't parting the truck out.