What color eyes has your bulldog?

my bulldog had the eyes drilled out and a light bulb in it when we got the truck, unfortunately my grandfather, the hoarder, has since lost the original bulldog....

I seen those on eBay already with the seller claiming them to be rare, they looked a little cheesy.

JC Whitney used to sell the ones with light up eyes,they were completely hollow,the back legs were molded together and used one center mounting stud.There was a removable plug in the dogs chest to get to the bulb. They also had non lighted ones,same way,hollow and back legs molded together. Neither had Mack on the collar or the patent number on the dog's chest.

• Like 1

JC Whitney used to sell the ones with light up eyes,they were completely hollow,the back legs were molded together and used one center mounting stud.There was a removable plug in the dogs chest to get to the bulb. They also had non lighted ones,same way,hollow and back legs molded together. Neither had Mack on the collar or the patent number on the dog's chest.

I remember them Mike,

Pure junk, anybody that would put one of those on the front of a Mack should be hung!

Ron

• Like 1

I imagine with the small sizes if these L.E.D.'s now,you could make 'em about any color you'd want! I like the idea of drilling the eyes out,Matt. At least you'd know that one wouldn't break off after hitting a few bumps in the road!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I imagine with the small sizes if these L.E.D.'s now,you could make 'em about any color you'd want! I like the idea of drilling the eyes out,Matt. At least you'd know that one wouldn't break off after hitting a few bumps in the road!

I made one like that for my old pick-up, had red L.E.D.'s, wired them up to the side marker lights.

When the parking lights were lit they burned steady when you turned the turn signals on he'd wink at you!

Ron

post-8482-0-44893500-1390844033_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• 6 years later...

ive never heard of them,,,as these fellas mentioned,,,they were aftermarket,,,look alikes,,,last i checked,jc whitney still had them....but im almost certain they wont fit on your stock mack pedistal.im sure you could grind down the legs and make it fit.....they werent really made for macks,,,just a cool add on for other vehicles....you could also buy them in most large truck stops a few years ago....bob