Misc Trucks

BKrois

ratfinks_ire_truck.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

I drove an old binder with a little v8 cat and a morse? Automatic transmission with a periscope so you could see how full the truck was as you are catching grain on the fly during harvest. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Aero Freightliner.

Freightliner_Penske_Racing.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

how neat does that look just the right amount of bling  no big sunvisor to cover half the windscreen no millions of lights all over the place not dropped on the deck like some low rider hoon from LA nice clean and simple only thing I reckon it needs is some scroll work not bucket loads just a bit but dead sexy the way it is 

Paul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dodge Fruit Basket.. .. Sight Liner meet Dodge

http://dodge_zpszxfloida.jpg

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

that car hauler must have been like a sauna on a hot summer day. I know we have probably talked about it before but the school street Sterling has Alcoas on it, obviously not original as it probably had budds.  do you think they changed all the wheels to put a modern  stud or hub pilot on or is there a simpler way? just thrown it out there.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2016 at 5:48 PM, Maddog13407 said:

I know we have probably talked about it before but the school street Sterling has Alcoas on it, obviously not original as it probably had budds.  do you think they changed all the wheels to put a modern  stud or hub pilot on or is there a simpler way? just thrown it out there.

I took the picture but really didn't analyze the hubs.  I will look next time that I see it.  I'm guessing stud pilot....?  Maybe a front axle swap?  It looks to have modern shocks mounted.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This Chevrolet is a replica of the truck used by the Darling family, the mountain folk of Mayberry, on the "Andy Griffith Show". It is on display, along with a replica '62 Ford police cruiser, in Mt Airy, NC.

Mt. Airy is Andy Griffith's hometown and the inspiration for Mayberry. There are tributes to the show all over Mt. Airy and the "Andy Griffith Museum" is also there. We took a guided tour of the town

in the police cruiser driven by a guide who dressed and talked like Deputy Barney Fife. It was a great tour.

bulldogboy

DSCF0142.JPG

DSCF0144.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

this was a good thread to review on this nasty foggy new years eve. visibility outside is about 100 yards...............and the first time in close to 12 years the fog horn on the lighthouse out in the bay has sounded.

too bad so many truck pictures are no longer available..

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..