Misc Trucks

BKrois

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

1922 MacDonald Lowbed StakeTruck at the Hayes Museum. Front chain drive and Hydraulic steering.

click the pics.

post-3242-0-57339400-1456452225_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-10103800-1456452249.jpg

post-3242-0-97477100-1456452254_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul amazing picture of the 1922 Macdonald. I had no idea hydraulic power steering as avaible then.

MacDonald patented hydraulic steering in 1919 and hydraulic boosted brakes in 1920. MacDonald was very innovative but not well known because of vehicle cost. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nice Dodge,I  just sold my 1988 D-150 56,000 original miles had it since November 1987. Sorry the minute I signed the title over

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, that will give the safety guys a lot of sleepless nights. I always thought it unusual that some fire trucks carried a spare tire, I've seen pictures of FDNY  Mack "Type 21" models

with a spare tire. Did they expect the guys to stop on the side of Broadway and change their own tire? I can see me with one of my department's Mack "L" models trying to change

a tire by myself (one man crew); thank goodness for the department mechanics.

bulldogboy

Wow, that will give the safety guys a lot of sleepless nights. 

I agree, but probably a lot safer than the rigs with an extended bumper that are set up for a member to stand on the bumper while operating a hand line.

I also wondered about carrying a spare tire. Doesn't seem to practical unless you are out in the puckerbrush somewhere and need it to get home.

DSC_0108.JPG

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

15 hours ago, bulldogboy said:

Wow, that will give the safety guys a lot of sleepless nights. I always thought it unusual that some fire trucks carried a spare tire, I've seen pictures of FDNY  Mack "Type 21" models

with a spare tire. Did they expect the guys to stop on the side of Broadway and change their own tire? I can see me with one of my department's Mack "L" models trying to change

a tire by myself (one man crew); thank goodness for the department mechanics.

bulldogboy

A lot of the Stump Jumpers near the Suffolk County Pine Barrens carry a spare and equipment to change it. Some times there is no other choice when you bust a trail.    Paul 

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...