Misc Trucks

BKrois

• 3 weeks later...

Chuck P where are the 3 J Z trucks from ? Nice pictures from all. Thanks Joe D.

They belong to a M-B car dealer (Contemporary Motor Cars) in Little Silver, NJ.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Paul nice Dodge with the FWD front tin. I remember them in the 1970's when Jim Burns had them and some other car carriers. Low cab so they could put a full size pickup on headramp.All the ones I saw had a 6-71 Detroit and 10 speed Roadranger. Chuck P. Thanks for owners name of the White's. Joe D.

Paul nice Dodge with the FWD front tin. I remember them in the 1970's when Jim Burns had them and some other car carriers. Low cab so they could put a full size pickup on headramp.All the ones I saw had a 6-71 Detroit and 10 speed Roadranger. Chuck P. Thanks for owners name of the White's. Joe D.

I also understand that Dodge put the FWD nose for engine access, the tilt nose would not clear the over head auto rack. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I also understand that Dodge put the FWD nose for engine access, the tilt nose would not clear the over head auto rack. Paul

Those were made before the tilt hood Bighorn was produced.

Dodge C models were used - with the head rack supports placed inward so the fenders would swing.

I never knew a sleeper version of that Dodge was even made! never saw one before. My local volunteer fire department in Jersey had a 54 Dodge fire engine (the chiefs truck) with a 392? Hemi in it..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I never knew a sleeper version of that Dodge was even made! never saw one before. My local volunteer fire department in Jersey had a 54 Dodge fire engine (the chiefs truck) with a 392? Hemi in it..................................Mark

That one had a 241 Polysphere Hemi in it with a 4 speed and a brownie box. Bet the driver worked real hard to drive that unit.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That stretch-nose on the '51-53 integral sleeper cab would suggest an big L-Head straight six under the hood.

Dodge trucks wouldn't get the Hemi V8 until '54 when they switched to the "trapezoid" grille.

I had to check in Dodge Trucks by Don Bunn book to verify.

It's a shame it was scrapped as not many exist.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Mark That looks like an Orville Sleeper from Orville,Ohio. In the late 40's up to early 60'S they made sleeper cabs for most trucks. Truck manufacturer would send truck to them they would cut roof and widen cab. There was an article about them in Wheels of Time quite a few years back. I saw a F-8 Ford about 1952 with same sleeper which was about as the Dodge with one. Mack,Autocar,Brockway,Diamond T and Reo used them also. Their trademark was the side window I was told it was from a 1940 Ford. The town where I grew up had a 49,50 Dodge straight 6 413 cu.in. with twin aces and straight pipe. It sounded great. It was on those truck trading card about 15 years ago. Joe d.

• Like 1

Was up in Mass today and saw this cracker box.

attachicon.gifIMG_2535.JPG

Then was going down a street and saw these two. I hear the guy bought them new and NEVER used them. I'd love to get both to put behind our tractors. Throw Richards canvas's on them and they'd be awesome.

attachicon.gifIMG_2536.JPG

Was up in Mass today and saw this cracker box.

attachicon.gifIMG_2535.JPG

Then was going down a street and saw these two. I hear the guy bought them new and NEVER used them. I'd love to get both to put behind our tractors. Throw Richards canvas's on them and they'd be awesome.

attachicon.gifIMG_2536.JPG

Besides the tarps you might want to add a lift axle . They look to be tandems only

Local 282 Union Service

The Dodge ran the big six until 55 or 56 when a Dodge Polysphere a Brownie box were swapped in and "speed holes" were added to the hood. A fairly typical mod in the early 50's to upgrade to a "modern" V-8. We had a few early 50's GMC tater trucks up graded from the 261 six to a 283 V-8. It was cheaper than a newer truck

P.T.CHESHIRE

My uncle Frank had 2 big ass Dodge Jod Rated single ax (big) dumps with the 413 flat head dule carb 6's he used them for cover on the land fill. 5 speed 2speed rears! I am not sure what the cu yd was of the body but they were big and they hauled it with no prob.! He also had a Dodge power Wagon from the 50's that he used for a lube and a pump truck to carry the water pumps in case of a fire

BULLHUSK

• Like 1