Misc Trucks

BKrois

Here's a true oddball for our Misc.Trucks thread,pretty fancy late-model Hendrickson,never seen one in person as "dolled up" as this one,no Mack,but not a bad looking truck in my opinion.............................................Mark

I do , looks like an International s series cab. I've owned a couple of them. Am I close?

Continental Compac fire apparatus used that cab as well. Cab was great, the conversion to fire apparatus was junk... Essex_Engine_2.jpg

• Like 2

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

• 2 weeks later...

It probably belonged to a County highway department !

Green Leaker juice on the tires...

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I remember ZARA running those Diamond T's on the island. Serious units. Thanks for posting it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

RFCDrum Are you sure it is not a Fuller TO955ALL trans. in the Diamond Reo'S? I had them in my Autocars with 290 Cummins and Paystar 5000 with 270 Cummins. With deep reduction on dash or floor it sounds like a Fuller.If low low on stick is down to right and then over to left and up a little it is a Fuller TO955ALL. Spicer 6+1 had the high gear on stick. Either one are good off road trans., but I liked the Fuller for its very deep reduction and .65 overdrive.I had a few drivers that could not get used to putting it in low low.The ones I had you could not shift out of deep reduction moving you had to stop truck3 reverses and 3 low gears. Thanks for the pictures.

Well Joe I can tell you the pattern is very wonky. Straight six in the stick and the two reverse gears are over to the left and one is up and the lower reverse is over a notch to left and up again. When you think it's in neutral it's in gear. 1st is over all the way to the left and down with second to the right and down. I'm dying to drive it but it's a bear. You gotta drive it like a Mack six speed low hole with the Jake. They didn't even know what the deep reduction was for on the dash I figured that out 5 minutes in the truck moving it around the yard. I will take a pic tomorrow morning of the dash and pattern. I have to borrow the Autocar to bring a load of mulch to my own job as I had some legal issues with my International on Friday. :( As far as I know it's a Spicer but will know for sure tomorrow. This truck here I use to ride in as a kid had the straight seven speed Spicer with a high low reverse air valve flipper on the stick with a 270 Cummins. and Eaton top loaders.

Rob

post-8724-0-40821700-1404092654_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-04246200-1404092698_thumb.jp

• Like 2

RFCDrum Are you sure it is not a Fuller TO955ALL trans. in the Diamond Reo'S? I had them in my Autocars with 290 Cummins and Paystar 5000 with 270 Cummins. With deep reduction on dash or floor it sounds like a Fuller.If low low on stick is down to right and then over to left and up a little it is a Fuller TO955ALL. Spicer 6+1 had the high gear on stick. Either one are good off road trans., but I liked the Fuller for its very deep reduction and .65 overdrive.I had a few drivers that could not get used to putting it in low low.The ones I had you could not shift out of deep reduction moving you had to stop truck3 reverses and 3 low gears. Thanks for the pictures.

I took some pics of the shift pattern and dash this morning. Truck was in the shop and the lights off. Check it out Joe.

Rob

post-8724-0-57645700-1404166515_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-90580400-1404166528_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-82071400-1404166541_thumb.jp

That is a very beefy FoMoCo.

This truck was a beast. Lenny bought it from Frank and Steve Little out of Newfoundland NJ later on he bought his Superliner tandem with a Summit body on her which is still running out in Sparta nj I believe.

Rob