Misc Trucks

BKrois

Chuck P that one looks ex navy. Cool.

Here is the N.Y.C. Department of Sanitation's I.H. Payhauler 50 ton wrecker. Used at the Staten Island Landfill til a few years ago. Was for sale at a S.I. used equipment dealer. Paul

payhauler_zpscbbbdb89.jpg

Looks like they used the NYPD livery from that era.

photo-3-685x513.jpg

• Like 1

Jim

It was the NYPD's Emergency Services Heavy Recovery unit before it was moved to the land fill. Lived out its time pulling waste haulers out of the moosh.

NYPD Emergency Services still runs the old colors, Traffic runs Dark Blue and Parking Enforcement runs Dark Brown.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It was the NYPD's Emergency Services Heavy Recovery unit before it was moved to the land fill. Lived out its time pulling waste haulers out of the moosh.

NYPD Emergency Services still runs the old colors, Traffic runs Dark Blue and Parking Enforcement runs Dark Brown.

Ah yes, the parking enfocement "Brownies". As a city resident in the 1980's, they were "the man" I was most concerned about. A somewhat over-zealous bunch as I recall.

Jim

High Binder pretty sure the picture you posted was truck built by ATHS Member that lived on Route 46 in New Jersey just past Hot Dog Johnnies. There was an article about it in Wheels of Time about 15 years ago.If it is the same truck he built quite a few parts himself. I stopped to talk to him back then and he told me the story about it. I think it went down South somewhere. If not the same truck paint and sleeper look identical. Thanks for the picture. Joe D.

Here is a picture I took back in the early '80s. It's a scan of an old Polaroid.

Taken at the Crazy Eddie Diesel Truckin' Nationals at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park.

Bob McLain from Buttzville, NJ was the owner at the time.

Wheels of Time cover added for your enjoyment.

post-13134-0-46559400-1409710010_thumb.j

post-13134-0-02627000-1409710303_thumb.j

• Like 2

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

About 1947 or so. To do this now you'd need a dozen permits, security barriers to protect the children from puppet fumes, rest rooms, "Gender Neutral" puppets, no six guns, signed authorization to use "Native American puppets" and and a disclaimer to show that no puppet animals were harmed in the show.

Levipuppetshow1940s_zps2d270cc3.jpg

That is so true. North of the border also!

Keith 

There was a Diamond T Trend camper posted on another thread.

Here is the White Trend. I'm not certain but I think these came with a small-block Chevy.

post-13134-0-39097200-1409879653_thumb.j

• Like 2

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

About 1947 or so. To do this now you'd need a dozen permits, security barriers to protect the children from puppet fumes, rest rooms, "Gender Neutral" puppets, no six guns, signed authorization to use "Native American puppets" and and a disclaimer to show that no puppet animals were harmed in the show.

And after all that the puppeteers go on strike demanding a $15 per/hr minimum wage.

• Like 2

Jim