Misc Trucks

BKrois

There was an article in Overdrive about these, they were referred to as the "Double Eagle" and I'm almost certain the one in yourpic is an actual production model. IIRC the Overdrive article was about one of the big shows of that particular year. Looking at the roof, the blue one appears to be home made.

I thought I remembered something like that too,but wasn't sure. I do know the later 9670 IH C.O.Es were offered with the 110" cab,but I don't ever recall seeing a "real" Transtar with a double bunk unless it was home made. I always liked the "Eagle" paint scheme thought they were sharp trucks!.......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I thought this might qualify as an "other truck" Saw this KW out at Wolcott about 7 years ago. I don't ever

recall seeing these on the road. I remember White/Freightliner and CCC had a similar setup on mixer chassis

but had never seen a KW like this before.

post-13943-0-55741100-1385920693_thumb.j

• Like 1

The Kenworth CBE (cab beside engine) gotta be one of the worst ideas ever! here's a picture of the sleeper version.....................................Mark

Could you imagine having to sleep in that tird after driving it all day. No thanks.

My ma took this picture of this White/Freightliner pouring concrete at our house back in the early 80's.

I don't think Huntley Ready-mix had two trucks that were the same or any that would do over 45 mph loaded.

post-13943-0-48416400-1386035853_thumb.j

The Kenworth CBE (cab beside engine) gotta be one of the worst ideas ever! here's a picture of the sleeper version.....................................Mark

That is interesting to say the least. Think I'd drive it just for the hell out of it. Idk how in the hell you get into the sleeper. It is a head turner in a fugly kinda way

The "bunk" on the CBE was often called the coffin, as to get in one must slide in from behind the drivers cab. Kind of like sliding into a sleeping bag in a tube......Hot in the winter & hotter than the sun in the summer......

No thanks

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be scared to blow the horn, looks like a short trip to hearing loss and your not gonna get in or out of that "sleeper" fast.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Also heard the term "Mexican Freightliner" too,Mark.LOL!! That fine example is owned by Tim & Nancy Blum (Bloom),from Baraboo,Wis. Tim's a Detriot Diesel guy but had to make an exception for this Cummins powered White! He had a Crackerbox(same colors) that he restored with a 6-71 in it.But he sold it.

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Rob,i had an Uncle that retired from McLean trucking back before they went under,he told me these (White 7000's) were some of the draftiest,cold,rough riding trucks he ever drove! almost impossible to sleep in (he rode team,as they hauled cigarettes and someone had to be with the truck at all times) he would stop and call us once in a while when he was coming through Jersey and my Mom,Dad,Brother and I would sometimes meet him up at the Union 76 (now T/A) in Paulsboro,NJ . Mclean ran all sorts of equipment over the years but Uncle Buddy said these were his least favorites!...........................................Mark

post-5836-0-52383800-1388367405.jpg

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 2 weeks later...