New dog in the kennel

alex g

Hi guys heres a couple of pics of two of my old trucks the Brockway is a 58 with a continental 427 in it and the Mack is a 88 I just bought it's a 350 4 valve I have to replace the cam and lifters.I plan to start on it soon hope you like them.

post-12497-0-50716700-1347656711_thumb.j

post-12497-0-90444800-1347656807_thumb.j

• Like 1

That's a SHARP looking Mack in the top pic.....LOVE that paint. Can't tell too well from the pic...is the nose dark blue or black? Either way, looks good!

...looks like you've been doing a little time traveling in that bottom pic, though. Let's HOPE that truck still looks that good in another 36 years!

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

The front of the hood is dark blue It was at one time light blue but the original owner had it painted.i don't know why it still looks good the truck has been parked for 10 years it was stored inside for most of them though.I took one look at it and had to have it I learned to drive with a similiar R model it really brought back memories.

I'm gonna run the R a little pulling a dump trailer and float for my brothers landscaping company. My Dad is a livestock broker so I imagine we'll have to chrisen it pulling a load of hogs. Mainly it will be a toy.The Brockway is a 157.You don't see many Rs left on the road other than a few dumptrucks.The Brockway is one of the only ones I have ever seen here in Ontario Canada.

The front of the hood is dark blue It was at one time light blue but the original owner had it painted.i don't know why it still looks good the truck has been parked for 10 years it was stored inside for most of them though.I took one look at it and had to have it I learned to drive with a similiar R model it really brought back memories.

both excellant,,thats how most of us wind up with what we got,,,learned to drive on one...have a ball .bob

thanks for the comments on my toys.My son and I tore the R model motor apart yesterday and the lifter has disinegrated on #5.The push rod is broke in two with one part loose in the head and the other in the pan.The cam lobe is totally scored to hell.I haven't pulled the cam yet but hope to on the weekend.The rest of it looks OK so far.Has anyone ever delt with Blakes remanufacturing out of Denver I have been pricing parts there.I have a few lines on used cams as well but from what i could see on the internet there prices were alot cheaper than anyone elses.

I'm gonna run the R a little pulling a dump trailer and float for my brothers landscaping company. My Dad is a livestock broker so I imagine we'll have to chrisen it pulling a load of hogs. Mainly it will be a toy.The Brockway is a 157.You don't see many Rs left on the road other than a few dumptrucks.The Brockway is one of the only ones I have ever seen here in Ontario Canada.

be sure and post a pic when you get hooked up to the hog trailer.

That 157 Brockway is a rarity also. would like to see a 3/4 view so I can see the front as well. What year is it?? As it must be a combination of the 100 series cab with 200 series fenders?? A front view will tell he if it is a 100 or 200 series grille / radiator suround.

Brocky

Brocky