I saw this truck in a field a few years ago and couldtn catch anyone at home I went today and they were there but Im sad to say they wont sell her it was the owners first truck he bought it new at Neely Coble Mack in Nashville and says he is going to fix it back up one day, thought someone might like the pics.

post-5240-0-00572300-1343948511_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-51379100-1343948524_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

what a sweetie. some people just won't part with things even though they know deep down they'll never do a damn thing with it. ive dealt with the same thing with an 8N Ford tractor sitting in the weeds set up. owner says they're gonna fix it and use it but it's been sitting in the same damn spot for 20 years!!

• Like 1

Brian

1959 B61T

This is kinda like people what rediculus prices for crap too. A guy up heres got an old snowmobile boneyard, he has a 1971 Alouette XL14. I looked it all over, I pulled the recoil, it turned over, but there was water shootin out the carb every time you turned it over. And the tunnel, and running boards were literally gone. So I went and asked, how much would you have to have for that Alouette sitting out there? He said, well $200. I was like OK. then I walked back out and said holy S#!@. Hes got an old R model right behind that sled dieing. I wanna get some parts off it, Im afraid to ask how much he'll want... And whats he gonna do with these things? NOTHING.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

But, the wheelbase of that (Hayward production) Super-Liner looks very short, definitely an east coast spec in those days and a less comfortable ride.

The best thing to ever happen to the Super-Liner was when production moved from Hayward to Macungie and Mack decided to build it on the same advanced frame of the Mack MH model Ultra-Liner. It was redesignated "RWI". That frame was the best in the industry at the time. Handling was superb. This frame was designed to twist and bend (unlike the traditionally rigid frames), and yet offer traditional Mack strength and longevity. AND, the MH frame adoption resulted in the steering gear being mounted on the frame. On the Hayward RWL/RWS, the steering gear was stupidly mounted on the front axle (same as the Cruise-Liner) where road shock resulted in shortened steering gear life and wallowed out pitman arm mounting splines.

The one thing I liked about Hayward production Macks was the paint. Hayward used Sherwin-Williams, while Macungie used Dupont. At that time, I felt the Sherwin-Williams automotive paint finishes (as witnessed in Mack production) was far superior.

poor poor truck

Sounds like my dad, He quit trucking in 08 and parked his 90 Superliner in the shop at home for a couple years. Then one day he decided that it took up too much space in there so it got backed out in the yard. No weeds or trees growing up through it yet. but at least it's on gravel and not grass, but it's starting to rot away too. It hasn't been started this year yet, but it is getting to look sad. A couple guys want to buy it and he will not sell it. He'll never do anything with it, and he won't even give it to his first born {me} or sell it to him really cheap even though a whole bunch of parts on it are mine from my truck and my parts surplus, which kept him trucking for a few years longer. what a shame.

hm i wonder what R model that is Vinny. would love to have that whole truck, old school r model, 673 natural with a 10 speed duplex and the front rear tire right behind the cab, a true ST. bet she rode rough. never called him, still got the number. 200 for the sled, hed probablty want 10 grand for the Mack and you can literally stand up in it and lift the top of the cab off with you hands, that is if you didnt fall thru the floor. i do remember it had beautiful green shag carpet in it haha.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

hm i wonder what R model that is Vinny. would love to have that whole truck, old school r model, 673 natural with a 10 speed duplex and the front rear tire right behind the cab, a true ST. bet she rode rough. never called him, still got the number. 200 for the sled, hed probablty want 10 grand for the Mack and you can literally stand up in it and lift the top of the cab off with you hands, that is if you didnt fall thru the floor. i do remember it had beautiful green shag carpet in it haha.

Is this truck on Rt 12 just a little ouside Loweville toward the west?

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I think the keys were in it when I sat inside it. I didnt dare turn them though. If you go up the road a little his brother lives up there, hes got alot of Macks, Ive never been up there. Theres all trees in front f that property. I saw and old single axle U model hiding up in there. Green dash oil bath breather, damn. I almost crapped myself when we drove by. I asked Doug about it and he said "Oh thats his parts truck!" I almost crapped again. But Matt, that carpet was nice, smelled like cow shit in there though. Im not going up there to dig in that in the summer, I'll ask when it gets cold.

yup, been watchin that truck for years. says lowville express on the door. one of these days ill try to save it. i agree on the winter stuff. stopped to look at those 3 B models in carthage and was greeted by 1000's of angry bees. thats why they are B models i guess. bees and hornets love old trucks. actually the R model in Lowville is complete all there, just needs a cab. i think the hood could even be saved. looks like someone backed it in and parked it.

yup, been watchin that truck for years. says lowville express on the door. one of these days ill try to save it. i agree on the winter stuff. stopped to look at those 3 B models in carthage and was greeted by 1000's of angry bees. thats why they are B models i guess. bees and hornets love old trucks. actually the R model in Lowville is complete all there, just needs a cab. i think the hood could even be saved. looks like someone backed it in and parked it.

No! It says Lowville Storage on the door. What If I get a couple parts off it first?............I just want the emblems. And the little block heater plug cover. Someone took the one off my U.

sweet but sad, bet it was sharp when it was new, could you see if it was a v8, did you get to leave a card just in case he sales?

I looked under the fender well it looked to be an E6 it was an inline in gray paint and before 84 that would be right, I didnt leave any number his son seemed pretty interested in restoring it when he could if dad didnt but its going to need lots of sheet metal.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

But, the wheelbase of that (Hayward production) Super-Liner looks very short, definitely an east coast spec in those days and a less comfortable ride.

The best thing to ever happen to the Super-Liner was when production moved from Hayward to Macungie and Mack decided to build it on the same advanced frame of the Mack MH model Ultra-Liner. It was redesignated "RWI". That frame was the best in the industry at the time. Handling was superb. This frame was designed to twist and bend (unlike the traditionally rigid frames), and yet offer traditional Mack strength and longevity. AND, the MH frame adoption resulted in the steering gear being mounted on the frame. On the Hayward RWL/RWS, the steering gear was stupidly mounted on the front axle (same as the Cruise-Liner) where road shock resulted in shortened steering gear life and wallowed out pitman arm mounting splines.

The one thing I liked about Hayward production Macks was the paint. Hayward used Sherwin-Williams, while Macungie used Dupont. At that time, I felt the Sherwin-Williams automotive paint finishes (as witnessed in Mack production) was far superior.

I just bought an 85 on the newer frame, I had an 84 on the old frame with the steering on the axle seemed a little stupid to me but hey Im no engineer.

Were all first generation Superliners produced in Hayward?

There's a Superliner 2 sitting in the back lot of the Mack dealer in St. Louis. Fresh red paint on the cab and hood, but tires are junk. It's on 34k Camelback. Reminds me of a Beelman spec tractor. The have it and a late 80's R model on Neway sitting there. They've been there for going on a year or more and I assume they're for sale. I can find out if anyone's interested.

Lowville whatever on the door.... and no you cant have anything! haha, i dont care. im finalcially embarrassed, just bought a Mopar Mack firetruck. and would love to have few more B model parts trucks ive been hunting for years. i would love to save that R model tho. needs a cab and old style cabs are gettin pretty rare to find. i found one off a site truck they were scrapping . prolly should have tried to save the second one but they were movin faster than i could.

Lowville whatever on the door.... and no you cant have anything! haha, i dont care. im finalcially embarrassed, just bought a Mopar Mack firetruck. and would love to have few more B model parts trucks ive been hunting for years. i would love to save that R model tho. needs a cab and old style cabs are gettin pretty rare to find. i found one off a site truck they were scrapping . prolly should have tried to save the second one but they were movin faster than i could.

Mopar Mack, I need pictures Matt!!!