Superliner Experts Need to resolve Mystery

According to the wiki production sheet all the RWLs were made in Hayward,CA from 1977 to 1984.

I found a supposedly 1987 RWL788LST  that apparently is the only one of its kind.  VIN# 1M2U215Y1FM00185  The data plate and frame match and the plate is the Allentown PA plate.

It has a Mack engine and a custom built for emblem on the steering wheel.

I was going to add pictures of the data plate but I don't know how yet and look up the engine to see if it matched but the engine codes are not showing up in the wiki yet.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Is there anything to only the Western RW\L's having Aluminum doors? I have a set off one. It is the easiest way to tell besides running the Serial number. There were other differences, like cab mounts, but I don't know what all they were between the two assembly plants.

1 hour ago, Superdog said:

from 1981 on all the Superliners were built in PA,but by '87 that should be a RW613,unless it was held over and not sold & titled until '87.Also there is one digit missing in the VIN.

Sorry I am missing a 1.

VIN# 1M2U215Y1FM001185

I called KC Mack they said it was built 11/84 so probably a 1985 Model year and they said it is supposed to be a RWL with E6-350.  Could not say were it was built. 

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

27 minutes ago, AZB755V8 said:

Is there anything to only the Western RW\L's having Aluminum doors? I have a set off one. It is the easiest way to tell besides running the Serial number. There were other differences, like cab mounts, but I don't know what all they were between the two assembly plants.

I've never seen alum.doors on a Superliner. Only F and R models both east and western.

7 hours ago, Superdog said:

I've never seen alum.doors on a Superliner. Only F and R models both east and western.

I have only seen a few sets and they were on R's. Is an R,F and RW door the same? What was the reason for Aluminum, weight? The rest of the cab rusted through except the doors and they are usually cracked in several places.

1 hour ago, AZB755V8 said:

I have only seen a few sets and they were on R's. Is an R,F and RW door the same? What was the reason for Aluminum, weight? The rest of the cab rusted through except the doors and they are usually cracked in several places.

Yes,they are the same door. They were to save weight,the ones on the R models were prone to cracking around the mirror brackets,the ones on F models usually held up good,mirrors didnt stick out as far and brackets weren't as heavy